Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for expedited passport renewal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by abefroman329
I requested expedited service when renewing a passport last spring through the normal channels and also sent via USPS overnight delivery - it was a week from the day I sent it in to the day I received my new passport.

Your Senator or Member of Congress' constituent services department can also help.
This sometimesworks and sometimes does not work.

If you have a hard deadline, either go to a Passport Agency in person or use an expediter. The expediter is worthwhile only if you do not live anywhere near a Passport Agency and the cost of traveling to one of these exceeds the cost of the expediter.

As others note, if all of your paperwork is in order, a Passport Agency can issue a passport renewal in 2-3 hours. All of the forms are available and can be filled out online and printed so that you have completed and legible documents. There is always a photographer near a Passport Agency and this one where do-it-yourself is not worth the savings.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For those of us with the opportunity to apply for our US passports inside or outside of the US and wanting a quick turnaround, it can be possible to get expedited service for passports without even paying the expedite fee by applying at US embassies/consulates and being able to demonstrate very near term travel. It’s approximately 10 day or less turns to delivery for most of our consulates/embassies; and for those with travel within even less time than two weeks, they can issue a short-duration replacement passport that can be turned in for a full duration passport at no additional charge if done so within a year of the issue date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.