Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Current US passport wait?

Current US passport wait?

Old Dec 6, 18, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by whipwhitaker View Post
You mean you could NOT track online until the 27th, correct?
Actually, I was able to track online prior to receiving the email saying that I could do so. I checked some day between applying in person and receiving the email saying my application had been received and was now processing. When I checked using my personal details (surname, social security number, etc.) on the status website, it showed that my application was processing. Exactly what it showed once I received the email stating my application had been received. It may be that I checked the day before and that it had already been entered into the system prior to the email batch being sent out, but I'm not certain. All I can say is that I definitely was able to check the status online at some point prior to receiving the first email.
whipwhitaker likes this.

Last edited by Vola; Dec 6, 18 at 9:18 pm
Old Dec 6, 18, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vga View Post
Routine processing takes 4 to 6 weeks to complete while expedited service takes 2 to 3. Considering that it's peak travel season, processing MAY take longer than usual.
That generally hasn't been the case for applications made in recent weeks. It's generally been way better than 4-6 weeks, and it's been within 2-3 weeks even without paying for expedited service.
Old Dec 8, 18, 12:31 am

I mailed my renewal on Saturday, Nov 17 via USPS Priority mail, non-expedited service, received the new passport Wednesday, Dec 6, just under 3 weeks. Only checked the website one time to confirm that they received my application, then just waited, didn't even expect the email saying my new passport has been printed and has been mailed back.