Wiki Posts
Search

HELP for hotels with rental cars in Los Angeles, San Francisco & Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:19 am
Original Poster

HELP for hotels with rental cars in Los Angeles, San Francisco & Seattle

I'll have the pleasure to go in 3 cities
1) Day 1 : will arrive in LAX mid afternoon (this flight is booked and will sleep in Beverly Hills, this is the only fun part of this business trip)
2) Day 2 : meetings close to SNA then fly to Seattle - no flight booked
3) Day 3 : meetings 25 miles north of Seattle airport then fly to San Francisco - no flight booked
4) Day 4 : meetings in Freemont / Plesanton area then fly out of SFO late evening

I prefer not to drive after a flight and I badly need a GPS and prefer Hertz if possible. (but open to Avis as well) and will have 3 bags (almost one bag per day hahaha)
I was thinking of taking a cab from the airport to an hotel then the next morning rent a car inside the hotel

For Seattle I was thinking of the marriot at the airport , is there a better choice with Hertz / car rental inside ?
For San Francisco , hertz web site doesn't guarantee GPS for downtown hotels, I have called one hotel and they can't guarantee it . Any idea where to stay ?
For Beverly Hills, I'm willing an extra effort as I want to spend the afternoon there.(probably the BW) and will take a taxi to HLE or whatever Does that sounds right ?

The most important is how accessible is the rental car and stay close to my meetings.(which are not downtown area)
In a perfect world , if I can take a cab from the airport to an hotel close to my meeting with hertz inside that will be great.

Thank you very much for your help
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
As far as the GPS is concerned.

Don't rent one if you have a smartphone.

Download and use Waze - this is a great sat nav and is probably more up to date than every other sat nav combined! it is also free.

The added advantage is that it will redirect you in the event of any issues on the road ahead.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Agree about having your own GPS, either a smartphone or buy a standalone GPS. At small rental locations your choice of car is limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.