Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Largest Airports by Number of Gates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Largest Airports by Number of Gates

I always wondered how many gates the largest airports in the US had. Could anyone tell me what the top 10 airports are in the US by number of gates?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=top+10+airports...umber+of+gates

Last edited by Moderator2; Nov 16, 2015 at 8:44 pm Reason: Unnecessary editorializing
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
What is your definition of a gate???

Yes this is something you need to define.

In some airports a gate isn't for a plane but for a terminal bus shuttle

In many of the hub airports for the commuter aircraft you have one door that then leads to many plane 8-16 roughly where you are on a tarmac walkway where you then have turn offs for the planes.

Another grey area are with airport plans. Some airports have expandable terminals where they have finished based on plans waiting for growth before building it. A few examples Portland will be lengthening one of their terminals next year. In Denver I believe C is smaller than B so in theory it can lengthen when needed to expand to the same length as B.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jacksondisuja
According to me DXB (Dubai International Airport) has the largest terminal in terms of floor space at 1,713,000 m2 (18,440,000 sq ft) with a volume of approximately 10.0 million m³ (360 million cu ft)
What does that have to do with OP's question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.