City suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

City suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Some of the smaller cities and towns can be just as interesting in their own way and the large cities, so I totally agree with Santa Fe and Austin. I am most familiar with the west, so here are a couple more, each for different reasons.

Santa Barbara, CA
Carmel and Monterey, CA
Sedona,AZ
Colorado Springs,CO
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
...the bun fight at Penn Station...
A bun fight may the only thing I haven't seen at Penn Station.

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
the Penn Station process is far less miserable than what you experience usually at US airports - you go to a desk, they stamp your e-ticket printout or whatever, and you then wait in a line until boarding starts.
No "line" as a rule -- they don't post a departing train's track number until minutes before it's time to leave, so everyone hovers in the waiting room staring at the big readout board, then when they finally reveal the proper track, there is a mad dash to the corresponding down escalator. Those at the tail end of the scrum may not get seats together or have a long walk through train cars to find them.

OP, if you had a bad time on Greyhound previously, I can suggest giving them another try. The US operations have been taken over by a forward-looking UK concern that has upgraded the buses and improved service, especially in the Northeast.

Last edited by BearX220; Oct 6, 2015 at 7:06 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by BearX220
A bun fight may the only thing I haven't seen at Penn Station.

No "line" as a rule -- they don't post a departing train's track number until minutes before it's time to leave, so everyone hovers in the waiting room staring at the big readout board, then when they finally reveal the proper track, there is a mad dash to the corresponding down escalator. Those at the tail end of the scrum may not get seats together or have a long walk through train cars to find them.
For the Adirondack train, they do make you line up for some inexplicable reason. Passengers going to Canada have to stand in one line, and those going to destinations before the border are in another. I have no idea what the purpose of this is, as when boarding begins, everyone just gets on the train and goes wherever they want.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
For the Adirondack train, they do make you line up for some inexplicable reason. Passengers going to Canada have to stand in one line, and those going to destinations before the border are in another.
Hmmm. Passport check?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by BearX220
Hmmm. Passport check?
They do that at the desk. Then they make you stand in a line that, as far as I can tell, has no discernible purpose. It's just weird.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jacksondisuja
Can you tell me that which location is best for vistiing in Summers with my friends , I have planning to spends my vacations with my friends .
California, the western mountains, or New England.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.