Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

ESTA ("Electronic System For Travel Authorization") see here for threads and Q&A's

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Moderator2
Place holder for ESTA wiki:
Print Wikipost

ESTA ("Electronic System For Travel Authorization") see here for threads and Q&A's

Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:16 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Xobs
I've had the same issue in both Firefox and Edge, both with no ad or popup blocker enabled.
I you haven't already, try enabling third party cookies.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:34 pm

Question ESTA application , dual national

Hi,
I've traveled to the US on multiple occasions on my Spanish passport. Last year I became British and now I hold both passports and I was wondering when applying for a new ESTA should I use the Spanish passport or can I use my new British passport without any issues ? I know on the form it will ask me if I hold any other passports and since I live in the UK I'd rather carry just one passport with me , in this case the British one
thanks
ringingup likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:47 am

You need a new ESTA if you want to use a new passport
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by borderline11
Hi,
I've traveled to the US on multiple occasions on my Spanish passport. Last year I became British and now I hold both passports and I was wondering when applying for a new ESTA should I use the Spanish passport or can I use my new British passport without any issues ? I know on the form it will ask me if I hold any other passports and since I live in the UK I'd rather carry just one passport with me , in this case the British one
thanks
I became British in 2020, and applied with my British passport for a new ESTA in 2021, after having been to the US on previous non-UK passports. No issues whatsoever.
ringingup likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:53 am

ESTA for 2nd trip within 2 years

As a UK passport holder can I use the same Esta for another trip within the 2 year period? Do I have to update details of airport and hotel etc?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:30 pm

yes as long as it hasnt expired and it's the same passport
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
No payment made

Hey, I just did an ESTA, when I went to the payment page I made a mistake and the payment did not went trough. Now I got this message:

THE PAYMENT STATUS COULD NOT BE DETERMINED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER FOR THE PAYMENT STATUS.

there is no option to make a second attempt for the payment, and I can t apply for another ESTA since my passport number is in the system, I got this message then: "ALERT Unable to Process Application: Another application with this passport information already exists."

So how do I pay for this? Or what else can I do?

"
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Hey, I just did an ESTA, when I went to the payment page I made a mistake and the payment did not went trough. Now I got this message:

THE PAYMENT STATUS COULD NOT BE DETERMINED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER FOR THE PAYMENT STATUS.

there is no option to make a second attempt for the payment, and I can t apply for another ESTA since my passport number is in the system, I got this message then: "ALERT Unable to Process Application: Another application with this passport information already exists."

So how do I pay for this? Or what else can I do?

"
If you read the last couple of pages you will see that people have had this issue and that at some undetermined time it seems to timeout if payment isn't made so you should be able to restart. It's frustrating though for sure.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
If you read the last couple of pages you will see that people have had this issue and that at some undetermined time it seems to timeout if payment isn't made so you should be able to restart. It's frustrating though for sure.
THX it was solved automatically - all of a sudden there was the pay option on the website again. So I just needed some patience.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm having this issue whereby when trying to pay i got thrown out and now can see this message when checking my application with no option to pay. Am waiting patiently for it to reappear but has been a few hours now and i'm due to travel in a few days. Any idea roughly how long it took for the pay button to appear for you?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA and SQ; Hilton, Fairmont, Marriott, Rydges Priority
Deleted

Last edited by grapegrower; Aug 22, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hi all, wondering if anyone can please advise.

I last travelled to the USA before lockdown, but the ESTA for that has expired.

I now have a new ESTA on the same passport. They've done fingerprints and photos before.

I'm flying into O'Hare in October. There are apparently border control kiosks there, that can be used by certain categories of traveller. Visa Waiver ESTA holders are one.

What I want to know, if someone can advise please, is whether I need to queue up, or whether I can use the kiosk, and if I can use the kiosk, what the process is?

Obvs, my main concern is getting through CBP and out to Chicago as quickly as possible.

Last edited by DeeGee26.2; Aug 30, 2022 at 1:45 pm
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:34 pm

Haven't seen this discussed but may have missed it, found out today that as of Oct 1st 2022, ESTA has been required for entries by land and sea in addition to by air.
Effective October 1, 2022, all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers intending to enter the United States by land will be required to obtain an approved Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to application for admission at land border ports of entry.

CBP encourages travelers to apply for a travel authorization at least 72 hours in advance of their anticipated arrival at a U.S. land port of entry.
https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Artic...language=en_US
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...gram-travelers
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:54 pm

Questions about ESTA then B1/2 Application

Hello all.
I am a UK citizen with a valid ESTA and also Global Entry.
I will soon travel to Iraq which invalidates from the ESTA.
Trip to Iraq is February, however I have upcoming travel to US in January.
Can I apply for B1/2 visa now and if I apply now will this invalidate my ESTA or will ESTA remain valid?
Also ESTA is due to expire December 2023, will it remain valid even after I go to Iraq, or will it expire as soon I travel to Iraq?
Thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
In the case of

CHECK BACK LATER FOR THE PAYMENT STATUS

How long does it take for a payment option to appear?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.