Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Online renewal took about 3 weeks but no interview required
Cheers, fingers crossed then!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
As a UK citizen, I have had Global Entry since 2013 when a promotional code and police certificate were necessary. It has changed my life going in/out of the US multiple times each year.

Am I correct in thinking that, in order to renew for a further five years, I must first obtain a UK Access Code and that this can only be done by applying to gov.uk as if I am a first time user?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Full Score
As a UK citizen, I have had Global Entry since 2013 when a promotional code and police certificate were necessary. It has changed my life going in/out of the US multiple times each year.

Am I correct in thinking that, in order to renew for a further five years, I must first obtain a UK Access Code and that this can only be done by applying to gov.uk as if I am a first time user?
Sadly seems to be the case. I'm in the same situation, just want to renew GE without going through all the other rigmarole/cost but doesn't seem to be avoidable. The GE email help team just sent stock replies which didn't help at all.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Sadly seems to be the case. I'm in the same situation, just want to renew GE without going through all the other rigmarole/cost but doesn't seem to be avoidable. The GE email help team just sent stock replies which didn't help at all.
Thanks for the quick reply, EDIflyer. I've just paid my £42 for a background check which will take all of two minutes for them to do; I'll think of it as an additional BA surcharge, rather than a ludicrously inflated Government fee Having originally jumped through a million hoops providing reams of paperwork including police certificates back in 2013, I would have thought they could have devised a system which allowed the early adopters to avoid this, particularly as we have an actual travel record for them to peruse.
EDIflyer and Silver Fox like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Agreed, Full Score - I remember successfully applying using my Disclosure Scotland certificate in Puerto Rico - suspect I may have been the only person to get GE in that location using that route Shame there's not an easier renewal route but will probably view it the same way as you, still have almost a year remaining for now anyway.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I am a bit confused.

I don't live in the US but I travel there quite frequently for both business and pleasure.

I am a UK citizen..passport, driving license...I live in the UK.

Can I get Global Entry and then TSA Precheck?

I only just started looking into this as I stumbled upon it's possibility by accident but I am a bit lost.

Ta!
Same case here, I got UK citizenship via British Nationality (Hong Kong) Selection Scheme before the Handover in 1997, I live in Hong Kong with Dual Nationality (China (HK) and UK). Can i get Global Entry with UK Access Code?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Originally Posted by derek2010
Same case here, I got UK citizenship via British Nationality (Hong Kong) Selection Scheme before the Handover in 1997, I live in Hong Kong with Dual Nationality (China (HK) and UK). Can i get Global Entry with UK Access Code?
Yes I think so, I live in NZ with residency and applied no worries. A colleague in the same boat with NZ citizenship and not having lived there for 20 years also got GE no worries. Just apply via the home office and if you get a code your sorted.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
So I need to renew mine and went to the TTP site and got the "please enter UK access code". Naturally I do object to paying an extra £42 to the gov but could not see a way around this at all so just paid it and am waiting for gov to give me the access code. I could not face the thought of trying to deal with either the UK or US gov and am consoling myself with the fact that £42 is worth it not to have to speak to either. Hopefully. Anyway, I'll try and remember the time line and report back here for others so they can get an idea of the time. Entering the US yesterday I got "You have 49 days until membership expires" (or similar) at the kiosk.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
So I need to renew mine and went to the TTP site and got the "please enter UK access code". Naturally I do object to paying an extra £42 to the gov but could not see a way around this at all so just paid it and am waiting for gov to give me the access code. I could not face the thought of trying to deal with either the UK or US gov and am consoling myself with the fact that £42 is worth it not to have to speak to either. Hopefully. Anyway, I'll try and remember the time line and report back here for others so they can get an idea of the time. Entering the US yesterday I got "You have 49 days until membership expires" (or similar) at the kiosk.
Lots of renewal applicants are being asked to talk to the CBP prior to getting final approval for the renewal application. Fortunately, while the renewal application is pending, the GE benefits and/or PreCheck benefits may still continue for some time even after the indicated expiration date.

Some GE members are being directed to speak to CBP at US airports of entry even when using GE as an active status GE member and getting the most common type of GE receipt.

FWIW or not, US citizens renewing GE membership are often facing much longer times getting the renewal approval than getting the initial application approval. Even those of us who got sub-36 hour approvals from initial application are seeing renewal times taking many more days or weeks to get approval than used to be the case, so it will be interesting to see what UK-residing UK citizens are facing on renewal.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Lots of renewal applicants are being asked to talk to the CBP prior to getting final approval for the renewal application. Fortunately, while the renewal application is pending, the GE benefits and/or PreCheck benefits may still continue for some time even after the indicated expiration date.

Some GE members are being directed to speak to CBP at US airports of entry even when using GE as an active status GE member and getting the most common type of GE receipt.

FWIW or not, US citizens renewing GE membership are often facing much longer times getting the renewal approval than getting the initial application approval. Even those of us who got sub-36 hour approvals from initial application are seeing renewal times taking many more days or weeks to get approval than used to be the case, so it will be interesting to see what UK-residing UK citizens are facing on renewal.
That was my experience (as a US citizen) earlier this year. It took longer to renew my GE status than it did to get it originally.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
For the timeline: Got the UK Access code at 1000 BST today (less than 24 hours and most of that was a Sunday) and have just submitted the GE renewal.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Global Entry time for approval?

Applied for the US part of Global Entry and getting a bit concerned as it has been over 3 weeks now. A quick google suggests that others were approved for interview after 2 weeks. (16 days seeming very common) How long did it take you (after getting the UK part) and completing the US form to being approved to book interview? I'm over 21 days now. UK part came back in 24 hours I think.

Last edited by cupsandsaucers; Oct 4, 2018 at 1:13 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Applied for the US part of Global Entry and getting a bit concerned as it has been over 3 weeks now. A quick google suggests that others were approved for interview after 2 weeks. (16 days seeming very common) How long did it take you (after getting the UK part) and completing the US form to being approved to book interview? I'm over 21 days now. UK part came back in 24 hours I think.

When I did mine earlier in 2018, the timescales were:

UK Application: 19/01/2018
UK Approved: 21/01/2018
US Application: 22/01/2018
US Conditional Approval: 02/02/2018
Interview booked @ US Embassy London: 03/02/2018
Interview Date @ US Embassy London: 13/03/2018
Full Approval: 13/03/2018 - About 1 minute after the interview.

I then flew to the USA (ORD) on 30/03/2018 and GE worked perfectly. Infact I wouldn't have made my connecting flight to ABQ without it as the queues at Immigration were huge.

BM

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Oct 8, 2018 at 1:13 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Finally received our conditional approval after nearly 6 weeks.... just to reassure people as we were worried it was taking a long time.

UK Application: 17/8/2018
UK Approved: 22/08/2018
US Application: 29/08/2018
US Conditional Approval: 05/10/2018
Interview booked @ MCO: 30/11/18

We arrive into MCO on Thanksgiving @ 17:35 on 22/01/18 - we would love to get a walk-in appointment, but not sure if it will be open as we have had mixed advice, so have booked for the following week.

On that note, I know we are advised to print out our conditional letters, I can see a message under Notifications but cannot see anywhere to print it, it just gives me the option to delete. Can anyone help?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Lindsk
We arrive into MCO on Thanksgiving @ 17:35 on 22/01/18 - we would love to get a walk-in appointment, but not sure if it will be open as we have had mixed advice, so have booked for the following week.
MCO is a participating Enrollment on Arrival airport.
Please take a look at the following thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.