Double miles to Europe

Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Double miles to Europe

I noticed this evening that US is running a double miles promotion, for tickets in economy or Envoy booked with a Mastercard to Amsterdam, Brussels, Manchester, Dublin, Madrid, or Tel Aviv. For US Airways Mastercard holders, the double miles count toward preferred status. Purchase between March 15 and April 30, 2010, travel between March 15 and May 31, 2010.

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=ME10
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I'm headed to MAD on Friday. Here's to hoping they don't recognize the booking date! (Last year's double EQM didn't recognize the booking date)
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by uva185
I'm headed to MAD on Friday. Here's to hoping they don't recognize the booking date! (Last year's double EQM didn't recognize the booking date)
Good luck with that -- it would be a nice win for you if it worked out for you.

BTW, note that you do have to register to be eligible for the bonus.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
This is a good start to the double EQM everyone was hoping for... Lets hope the add the domestic portion soon, like from march 30th-June 21st.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
I am not good at calculating mileage runs but it looks like if you did a west coast trip to TLV you could hit around 32000 for around $1400 on some of the routings. The guys in the MR forum like to hit around 0.02 CPM so around 0.04 might not be that good but still a decent offer.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:35 pm

Thanks TWA I have been waiting for something like this

Two questions:

1) Are there any hidden T/C's, I have looked but saw none. Last year I lost my first flight in the promotion due to a hidden T/c.

2) Are Visas required to enter/leave Israel?

ralph
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by rxralph
Two questions:...
(1) I'm not sure whether this Double EQM promo using US MC is only for TATL flights to the named cities from gateway PHL/CLT, or whether it also applies to domestic connecting US flights on the same PNR. I've sent in an email asking for clarification, and I'll post any reply here;

(2) Generally, no visa needed by US citizens for Israel, but look at embedded US State Dept's link for problematic areas....

BTW, thanks, twa777 for the heads-up! ^. I'm not sure why the promo doesn't include GIG too (slow season in May) to prop up loads, but I'll try hard to get a trip to Europe before May!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: Ex Plat, Avis President's, and various hoteliers...
Now if only they bring back those super low fares to London again this year.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Does anyone know if both parties on a PNR will get the double EQM if only one is the cardholder? So if I buy the tickets for myself and my boyfriend and the BP's have the appropriate DM numbers on it, do we both get EQM or is it just me? I'm planning on giviing them a ring anyway--- want to see if I can burn off my CP upgrade certs and pop over to the UK--- but might not be so hasty if it doesn't get us both the EQM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
I have to book 3 TATL trips next week and none of my destinations are listed-- Might have to go to Manchester instead of Glasgow on one of them
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by uva185

Actually, that was only true for the first week or two. After that, US got wise and cross-checked the booking dates. I know someone who flew to Europe and got double EQM on the departing flight but did not get double EQM on the return flight.

Good luck!!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Nothing for London or Frankfurt? Hi demand or *A rules agreement?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: usairways united delta marriott
???

am I confused or is there a contradiction in the small print, doesn't it say that this DOES NOT count for preferred miles?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by cubs02
am I confused or is there a contradiction in the small print, doesn't it say that this DOES NOT count for preferred miles?
Using a mastercard other than US Airways' branded card, it will NOT count as preferred. But right after that, it tells you that for double preferred preferred-qualifying, you must use your US Airways mastercard.

So...for me I'll book with my US card. For my wife, who never flies enough for status but gets miles from promos, I'll book her ticket separately with a different rewards based Mastercard.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
If you buy with your US MC do you get the 2x RDM and the EQM or just the eqm? If you were making this a MR then it would seem the 2x RDM would be the better option.. right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.