Wiki Posts
Search

Glassware now in First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Glassware now in First

Currently enjoying a gin and tonic in a brand new glass in F. Nice touch and welcome improvement. The snack basket appears to be the same though. I heard glassware and china cups were coming today, and it's nice to see it happening on time.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ACA321
Currently enjoying a gin and tonic in a brand new glass in F. Nice touch and welcome improvement. The snack basket appears to be the same though. I heard glassware and china cups were coming today, and it's nice to see it happening on time.
What aboutthe PDB? Was glassware used on the ground too, or just in the air?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Just in the air. PDB was still plastic.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum Card, Global Entry
You mentioned the snack basket being the same. What route or how long was your flight?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Route was CLT-JFK. Flight was blocked at 1:46.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: US Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Nice. You got glassware and a drink! It was tough getting a drink on my last F flight. On the Saturday 11:05 BOS to CLT flight the FA seemed a bit spaced out. She served the A-C side their drinks and then somehow started serving passengers in coach. Finally the couple in front of me were able to get her back so our side of the plane could finally get something to drink. Very strange.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum Card, Global Entry
Route was CLT-JFK. Flight was blocked at 1:46.
Ok, so we would expect to see the same snack basket then. I am curious what the "Lite Bites" basket will be like for flights between 2 hours and 2.75 hours.

I am flying CLT-DFW on Thursday and it looks like that is what I will get...even though the flight is booked at 3 hours and 1 minute and the flying time is usually 2 hours, give or take a minute or two.

I guess you were on a morning flight...was the orange juice still from a can, or have they switched to fresh juice from a carton (like AA)?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glassware is a real plus. Wish they'd get rid of the Tropical Nut Mix for Biscoff though!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
how civilized!!

Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:09 pm

Is it US glassware or AA?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dubstyle311
Is it US glassware or AA?
IIRC, AA's glasses do not have a logo on them. Not sure about US.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Maybe this was a fluke but I had a Bloody Mary served via glassware on a US first class flight (PIT-PHX) last May.

Last edited by tag1084; Apr 1, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by LSUTigerWes
IIRC, AA's glasses do not have a logo on them. Not sure about US.
US glassware is etched with the flag logo.

Wonder if Express will get glass too.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by tag1084
Maybe this was a fluke but I had a Bloody Mary served via glassware on a US first class flight (PIT-PHX) last May.
Before the changes that went in place today, flights with meal service had drinks served in glasses once in the air (or at least with dinner). What is different is now there is glasses on flights without meal service...which constitutes most of US Airway's routes.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Experience today in F:

ALB-PHL on Republic: plastic cups, but regular snack basket (typically this would have just been snack mix as the plane is only in the air about 45 min)

PHL-MSP on mainline (E190): I believe plastic on the ground, glass in the air. Had the new enhanced snack basket, essentially the same with some prepackaged mini sandwiches, mixed nuts, and bananas thrown in the mix. They don't appear to be well equipped to handle the added variety in terms of space, the baskets were being stored in the overhead above 2A.

Didn't try the sandwiches as I had just had lunch at PHL.

Interesting that PHL-MSP gets the basket while my return gets breakfast. I'm assuming because the E190 has no oven to cook a full meal but my return trip will be on an A319.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.