Wiki Posts
Search

CLT-HNL Inflight Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thumbs up CLT-HNL Inflight Service

In the most recent Crew News (PHX, 9/23/09), Hector had some good news about the new CLT-HNL service that I hadn't heard before.

He said that USAirways has evaluated the competition on the route and, to compete with Delta, will be serving a complimentary meal for the first service on this route. For the second service, he said there will be a BOB option, but it will be different from the normal BOB and will be catered 100%.

Good news for those who expected BOB like AA & UA Hawaii service!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:34 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Also, as per my one on one with Hector, there will be ice cream for sale half way through the flight and sundaes will be served in FC.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
This isn't very LCC..

I hope this route does well and it's great that they are starting to invest in the product. Just please, will company make up it's mind what kind of airlines it's going to be?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
In the most recent Crew News (PHX, 9/23/09), Hector had some good news about the new CLT-HNL service that I hadn't heard before.

He said that USAirways has evaluated the competition on the route and, to compete with Delta, will be serving a complimentary meal for the first service on this route. For the second service, he said there will be a BOB option, but it will be different from the normal BOB and will be catered 100%.

Good news for those who expected BOB like AA & UA Hawaii service!
A complimentary coach meal on a 10-hour flight? What a concept!!!

I commend US for choosing the correct path on this matter. I'm sure that Hector did not have an easy time convincing Doug and Scott that BOB service on a 10-hour flight is just plain tacky. ^
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
US should change the game up and have "complimentary" meals from PHX-Hawaii, too.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sciguy0504
US should change the game up and have "complimentary" meals from PHX-Hawaii, too.
That'll be the day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.