Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways PHL-PHX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Silver
US Airways PHL-PHX

Im looking at flights from Philadelphia to Phoenix, in early November. The price is $260. Is this a good deal? The outbound flight is on a Boeing 757, and the return is on an Airbus A321. What plane is nicer the 757, or the A321? I think the A321 will be newer than the 757?
Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
I see from your profile you live in or near EWR. CO has non-stop EWR-PHX for $279.20 A/I in early November. IMHO it's a much better Y product and they are running the 739-ERs on the route which means there's a good chance you'll have seat-back IFE with DirecTV, movies, music, etc. If on a 738 you'll at least have the drop-down scren IFE for free. After 10/27 CO will be in *A so you'll get DM credit.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by daganderson
Im looking at flights from Philadelphia to Phoenix, in early November. The price is $260. Is this a good deal? The outbound flight is on a Boeing 757, and the return is on an Airbus A321. What plane is nicer the 757, or the A321? I think the A321 will be newer than the 757?
Thanks!
I guess its all relative... I do SAN-PHL and its generally in the $300 range so i would say $260 is pretty good.

In terms of plane preference, its really what you prefer and whether or not you get upgrades (FF status etc). You can get details on seats at http://www.seatguru.com

Last edited by apados; Oct 10, 2009 at 2:31 pm Reason: COpltASgldPHX beat me to the CO flights out of EWR...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
That's about average. There are a few late Oct dates for $135-150 range all in on DL or NW. Use flexible search on Orbitz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.