Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will US match the Double Qualifying Mile promotion?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Continental just joined the DEQM party! Now US is the only *A partner that hasn't.

Last edited by COpltASgldPHX; Sep 10, 2009 at 2:11 pm
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by likestheaction
Its a bit of a stretch to reach gold this year. I have 34K now, and maybe 10K more from west trips, i'd be forced to MR, which i don't really do.
If you think you'll hit 44K, the extra 6K shouldn't be hard to get with every promo going - double PQM's for new club members, the 4K PQM's from the Grand Slam promo, etc. Gold is worth it, whether as US Gold or UA 1P. Better upgrade potential is nice, plus the *G lounge benefit.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Continental just joined the DEQM party! Now US is the only *A partner that hasn't.
Your registration link isn't working. This is.

Continental Double EQM Promo
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:54 pm

My guess is that US will only do it if DL does too.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by cedric
My guess is that US will only do it if DL does too.
I suspect DL will now that CO has jointed the party
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Your registration link isn't working. This is.

Continental Double EQM Promo
You must be signed into the CO account that you wish to register for this to work. So, to sign up 3 people, you log into each one at a time and register.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyzabit
You must be signed into the CO account that you wish to register for this to work. So, to sign up 3 people, you log into each one at a time and register.
You can also go to this generic registration page (login not required) and enter each OnePass Number and Promo Code 58040.

Still no word on US DPQMs eh? I suspect it's a no-go at this point.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Still no word on US DPQMs eh? I suspect it's a no-go at this point.
Agreed, unless DL throws their hat in the ring on this leaving US the only legacy not playing.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Agreed, unless DL throws their hat in the ring on this leaving US the only legacy not playing.
I doubt DL will go for this because of their "rollover" MQMs.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: USAirways Chairman, Delta Platinum, Fiesta Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold
US Match

My guess is that US will wait until after the Buy Miles promo or no one will purchase miles to get 5,000 preferred.

I wish I knew if this was going to happen. I have Platinum wrapped up, but CM is a long shot unless US Matches the Double miles. I understand the complaints of deluting elite status..however
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold
Race to preferred.

Well, we have our answer. And it's "if you fly slightly more than the average amount of miles that is normally required to achieve silver" we'll give you silver or gold or whatever...7500 miles for 3 months is really 30,000 miles over 12 months.

The promotion certainly isn't giving you any more miles than you already would have had, but now you only have to do a 7500 MR to get to silver. This simply reiterates why i think silver is now worthless on US. Its diluted beyond belief. Why not just try to fly 12500 miles on united from september? You get 25K and elite status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.