PHX-CLT

Old Sep 1, 09, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
PHX-CLT

Hi all. I am headed to ROA tomorrow for a meeting. I had no choice but to book US as it was $300 less than DL. Sorry for such a remedial question, but it's been so long since I've traveled cross country on US but will the phx-clt and return (321 I think) have IFE? If not I guess my book is a comin'

Ian
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Hi all. I am headed to ROA tomorrow for a meeting. I had no choice but to book US as it was $300 less than DL. Sorry for such a remedial question, but it's been so long since I've traveled cross country on US but will the phx-clt and return (321 I think) have IFE? If not I guess my book is a comin'

Ian
No IFE and no power ports, Ian! Bring your book!

And you'll only be two hours from where I live! ROA is a nice town!
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by me4yankees View Post
No IFE and no power ports, Ian! Bring your book!

And you'll only be two hours from where I live! ROA is a nice town!
Thanks Beth for the warning. How is their BOB? To be honest, I think DL's BOB is pretty awful, so I'm hoping it's better tomorrow (restaurant choices aren't very good at phx T3 unless I bring on board a stinky burrito from blue burrito grill).
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be ), I've only flown four mainline US flights this year and they were all in F. So I'll have to let someone else answer about coach BOB.
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:27 pm

I think DL's BOB is light years better than US' BOB. They have a salad of some sort and a sandwich of some sort. They are obsessed with "turkey ham" and like to use that at breakfast and lunch.

The difference is that US also gives you chips and a cookie, DL doesn't.

credit cards are accepted, but no receipt like DL.

Also, don't plan on getting BOB if you are past row 10. They bring like 2 sandwiches and 2 salads. The snack boxes are a joke.
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:34 pm

I flew US earlier in the year and purchased BOB. Receipt was given and my employer reimbursed the amount.
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:35 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Thanks Beth for the warning. How is their BOB? To be honest, I think DL's BOB is pretty awful, so I'm hoping it's better tomorrow (restaurant choices aren't very good at phx T3 unless I bring on board a stinky burrito from blue burrito grill).
You did mean T4, right? Paradise Bakery (land-side, upper level) makes a pretty decent sandwich. The cookies and brownies are good too. Probably anything you get there will be as good or better than US BOB.
Old Sep 1, 09, 6:42 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by gj83 View Post
credit cards are accepted, but no receipt like DL.
The one and only time I bought something from BOB was last April, and I got a receipt for my credit card purchase.
Old Sep 1, 09, 7:55 pm

Does one have to ask for a receipt? I bought BOB twice on US and never got asked if I wanted a receipt.

DL just gave it to me the first time and asked the second time.
Old Sep 1, 09, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX View Post
You did mean T4, right? Paradise Bakery (land-side, upper level) makes a pretty decent sandwich. The cookies and brownies are good too. Probably anything you get there will be as good or better than US BOB.
lol correct! I obviously had DL on the mind when I was writing my post

I think Paradise is so overrated to be honest, IMO. And that cookie--I don't want it. I want just a sandwich. Last time I got a sandwich there I told the clerk no cookie and she looked at me as if I was on crack.

Speaking of T3 ...I think they just added a Paradise Bakery there too. Just past security on the left side, or is it something else?
Old Sep 1, 09, 10:42 pm

Programs: US Chairman
Are you on the 5:40 flight tomorrow morning to CLT? That's the one i am on. I'll be wearing a Virginia Tech shirt, so if you see me say hi.
Old Sep 1, 09, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RIC Hokie View Post
Are you on the 5:40 flight tomorrow morning to CLT? That's the one i am on. I'll be wearing a Virginia Tech shirt, so if you see me say hi.
No, the 10 am flight--sorry!
Old Sep 2, 09, 1:10 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
And that cookie--I don't want it. I want just a sandwich. Last time I got a sandwich there I told the clerk no cookie and she looked at me as if I was on crack.
Give the cookies to your gate agents! We'll enjoy them!
Old Sep 2, 09, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When did US yank out ife out of their buses? What a waste. I could have been sitting upfront on a 764 to atl with 25 movies, live tv, and map. Oh well. Guess you get what you pay for. I'm sitting at A28 now and its total chaos. God this terminal sucks! Lol
Old Sep 2, 09, 8:35 pm

US pulled the IFE and empower a year or so ago. Way before they started charging for soda. It was when fuel was at its peak and they wanted to save weight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: