Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

How soon do the 25k miles post to your account after signing up for DM mastercard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How soon do the 25k miles post to your account after signing up for DM mastercard?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:58 am
Original Poster

I know the card rules say that the miles post after you pay your first bill...but anyone have a specific example of how long it took them to get their miles? Like, activated card on X date, paid first bill on Y date, and miles posted on Z date?

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the risk to wait for miles to post from the credit card, or whether i should just buy the 25k I need using the double-miles offer that ends today.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Buy the miles.

If you haven't applied for the card, you have to assume you're going to get approved instantly and then you have to wait to find out whatever the statement closing date is that Barclays' assigns you.

The miles will post within a day or two of, or occasionally the same day as your closing date. That's provided you made some kind of activity on the card. Has nothing to do with paying the bill.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:46 pm

On the biz card, they posted very quickly after the first closing date. On the personal card, they have not posted yet and I've hit the second closing date. They told me about 60 days.

In addition, despite applying for the premier card ($79/25k miles), they gave me (and my wife) the other card ($49/10k miles). They have upgraded the card, supposedly, but I haven't yet been billed the extra $30.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by cooperhs
On the biz card, they posted very quickly after the first closing date. On the personal card, they have not posted yet and I've hit the second closing date. They told me about 60 days.
Either I'm lucky or they're full of crap. I used to regularly churn both BofA and Barclays cards, personal and biz, and I always got the bonus miles within days after the first closing date provided I'd used the card in time.

Barclays is currently not letting me churn now, citing that I already have an account but at least including "A credit check was not performed in making this decision." I had BofA accounts that I'd closed 8 months ago get transferred in a closed state. That's part of the issue. They're also telling me it's because of bonus miles that's preventing me from opening another account. That's interesting. I'm going to wait about 90 days before applying again to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.