Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Question about Envoy Upgrades (when are seats released and is 1C/E on a 767 the best)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Envoy Upgrades (when are seats released and is 1C/E on a 767 the best)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

I am flying CDG-CLT on a 767 and upgraded to Envoy and they put us in 1C and 1E (the 2 center aisle bulkhead seats). Seatguru says all of the bulkhead row have less space and that C/E have the least space, but Seatguru seems to be getting pretty out of date.

Can someone confirm the best Envoy seats to try for on a 767 from CDG-CLT? The CP Desk guy said 1C/E would be the ones he'd pick since they are both aisles and at the front and for some other reason (but maybe he was confused that it was an A330). I can change to 3A/B but not sure if those are better or have more privacy. Hmm...

Also, on a different flight to Europe, the CP desk said there are 7 unsold Envoy seats on the 757 but none are available for upgrade with my certificate. Do you know if they release them on a certain # days before the flight or at certain times or is it completely random? I'd like to know when I should try and call back in, but the flight is now 6 days away.

Last edited by 5.9LITRE; Aug 14, 2009 at 11:14 pm
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:27 am
Original Poster

on the 767 from Paris-Charlotte, 1 C/E, 2 C/E, and 3 A/B are all open and I don't know which to pick. I like more privacy which probably would make 3 the best choice but then food options usually run out by row 3 and 1 might have more room b/c of the bulkhead...
Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
I like more privacy which probably would make 3 the best choice but then food options usually run out by row 3 and 1 might have more room b/c of the bulkhead...
If you like "privacy," you are not going to like Envoy on a B762 very much. (a.) the seats are narrower than domestic F and (b.) you will quite literally be rubbing elbows with your neighbor.

I only few "The New Envoy" once...and I won't ever do it again. The food wasn't bad...but the cabin and seats were completely, 110% unacceptable. My rides to Western Europe are CO and FI...

I was thankful it was my wife sitting next to me...'cause let me tell you, you will be VERY close to that person next to you....

No idea on Row 1 or 3...my one and only Envoy experience (as long as dumb and dumber are in charge) was row 2.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
on the 767 from Paris-Charlotte, 1 C/E, 2 C/E, and 3 A/B are all open and I don't know which to pick. I like more privacy which probably would make 3 the best choice but then food options usually run out by row 3 and 1 might have more room b/c of the bulkhead...
If you like privacy, then I'd go for 3A/B if you can't get bulkhead left or right (not center). I prefer bulkhead for that reason and the legroom is the same (or within a inch or so). I haven't notice them running out of meal selections these days since the variety is much better. Fly the 762 several times a year and enjoy it!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-S, HH-G, MR-P
I really like the window seats - specifically because I don't want to be disturbed. It is usually really rough for the guy on the aisle as I have to step over him to get out. That said, I have long legs and it is a pretty easy feat.

I like 2A best - I think it is the most quiet for some reason.

Were I traveling with someone I would probably take the middle two so I wouldn't have to disturb them on my way to the aisle in case I sampled a little too much of the old No. 8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.