Wiki Posts
Search

Actual Miles Credited

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways United
Actual Miles Credited

This must be listed here somewhere but I can't seem to find it but how do I know how many miles I will get credited for on my flights? I haven't had any luck with US Airways web site.

I currently have a PHX-BWI round-trip in a few weeks and will need one more flight to gain status for next year. I'm guessing the flight is about 3,900 miles RT but I'd like to be sure before I book the next flight since that flight will be primarily for FF status and not business/family related.

Am I missing something obvious? If so, let me know. I can take the heat, I live in Arizona

Thanks
Rich
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:40 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Welcome to FT!

The great circle mapper will give you a pretty decent estimate, good within a few miles: http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=P...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

About 3997 miles for the trip.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:16 pm

Programs: None
There is also WebFlyer, which has settings to automatically calculate status/class of service/etc bonus mileage as well as minimum per segment as well as multi-leg itineraries.

The DOT also maintains a page that gives mileage between airport pairs, but since the airlines aren't required to use the goverment's mileage it's also just an approximation of what you'll get.

Jim
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm assuming the accrual will be the same as the milage listed on the PDF schedule which is 1998 OW or 3996 RT

Mobile Tools Page
http://www.trvlink.com/download/us/usschedules.pdf
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:17 pm

Question

Did I read somewhere that USAir gives miles based on origination-to-destination rather than actual flight miles?

In other words, when I fly PDX-ATL via PHX, will I get 2,172 miles - the great circle distance PDX-ATL, or will I get 2,597 - the PDX-PHX-ATL great circle distance?

Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by davidavid237
Did I read somewhere that USAir gives miles based on origination-to-destination rather than actual flight miles?

Thanks.
Thats if both flights are the same flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.