Search

Very Delayed in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services
Very Delayed in ATL

Hi folks,

Was supposed to leave ATL for PHL at 7:25. Flight delayed until 10:35. Here's the amazing thing - No explanation, and NO gate agent or US staff anywhere to be found! Its like everyone went home!

I understand delays happen, but at least have someone here to explain things and assist people. My bag is checked, or I would call it a night and camp out at a hotel someplace...

Oh well... Life on the road continues....
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Not unusual, from my experience, at least at ATL. A few years back I was commuting almost weekly from PHL to ATL, and after about 3 experiences like yours, back to back, I switched to Delta for my ATL trips. At least if they were delayed, there were DL people around to assist. When you finally find that US people in ATL you almost wish you hadn't.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:58 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Its due to weather in PHL and ATL. The inbound aircraft was late. CLT pretty much shut down earlier today because of it...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, WX looks like a mess. Should make for a fun (not) flight back to PHL. Aircraft is just coming to the gate now...
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: DL, US
I was once scolded by a US agent in ATL b/c the Chairman's Preferrred agent changed my ticket from US to DL when my flight was delayed.

I was flying on an award ticket and he was upset b/c US was losing money by sending me over to Delta. I still see the agent from time to time.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by asicguy
Hi folks,

Was supposed to leave ATL for PHL at 7:25. Flight delayed until 10:35. Here's the amazing thing - No explanation, and NO gate agent or US staff anywhere to be found! Its like everyone went home!

I understand delays happen, but at least have someone here to explain things and assist people. My bag is checked, or I would call it a night and camp out at a hotel someplace...

Oh well... Life on the road continues....
This is not unusual for an airline with a small operation at any airport... I've experienced it on a number of occasions over the past 30 years at various airports on almost every airline. Did you call US reservations to get additional info? I usually call and point out that there are no agents around at the airport to give out information (not that it helps but it makes me feel better).
Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
This is not unusual for an airline with a small operation at any airport... I've experienced it on a number of occasions over the past 30 years at various airports on almost every airline. Did you call US reservations to get additional info? I usually call and point out that there are no agents around at the airport to give out information (not that it helps but it makes me feel better).
Call US reservations??? Good lord, why would I want to do that? I'd only be put on hold for 45 minutes waiting to speak with someone!

Actually, I made friends with a very helpful Delta agent who gave me the scoop on the delay for US. It all worked out, just wish there had been some information shared at somepoint. I'm pretty easy going, but some of my fellow paxs were not happy with the lack of ground staff and information shared.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Sorry to hear. I wouldn't be happy either. Reminds me of the time I encountered major delays at ORD with UA. They have no excuse of course! It's not only one of their hubs, it's their hometown.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

On sunday, the early am clt-atl flight got cxl. Dad was re-routed onto dl instead. That was during the clt runway construction and I never looked up the reason it got axed.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: DL GOLD
Taking the bus to ATL from CLT

Us Air sent a busload down for the three hour drive. I never got the story except that no plane was available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.