Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX-LAS on the A321 in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:48 am
Original Poster

PHX-LAS on the A321 in F

Recently flew the 8:20 pm departure from PHX to LAS in F. The A321 appeared to be nearly new and I was very impressed with the 16 seat F cabin. The seat pitch for some reason seemed more than the usual 36" and was generally very comfortable and I was in 3D.

Pre-departure cocktail, friendly and professional FA, snack basket and 2 more rounds on a 42 minute flight. I feel that the service was on par with any legacy carrier on this short segment. Arrived in LAS 10 minutes early.

I am assuming this was a west crew. Not a bad flight for a last minute $307.00 RT ticket with a CP upgrade both ways.

Now if they could just get more consistent. It is possible my flight could have been on a 737-300 with a miserable FA and the experience would have been the complete other extreme.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
New plane? Friendly FAs? Predeparture drink? Are you sure you were on US?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I remember reading that the flight number can clue you in regarding East vs. West. If it is under 700, it is likely West...over 700 is East.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:17 am

Had to be a west Aircraft on that routing, they have 2 or 4 new A421's. I think the tail numbers are 500 something. Someone else mentioned here that the seat pitch is technically unchanged but because the seats are slimmer you get about 2-3 more inches between you and the seat in front of you.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by honeytoes
I remember reading that the flight number can clue you in regarding East vs. West. If it is under 700, it is likely West...over 700 is East.
You are correct. Any flt. number UNDER 700 is US West. To the op thanks for a great report.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I had much the same experience on a LAS>CLT flight the other day. It was a new West 321 and the flight attendant quite nicely asked people boarding if they would mind waiting by the door with their rollaboards until she could get back to the front and got a minimum of one predeparture drink to everyone. She was professional and pleasant and it was one of the best flights I've had on US in a couple of years.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by jdcece
...The A321 appeared to be nearly new and I was very impressed with the 16 seat F cabin. The seat pitch for some reason seemed more than the usual 36" and was generally very comfortable and I was in 3D...
Glad to hear that the new 321s are reasonably comfortable. Imagine how impressed you would have been on a 321 with 26 seats in F, 38"F, 32"Y, a closet for your jacket, power for your laptop, IFE...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
Glad to hear that the new 321s are reasonably comfortable. Imagine how impressed you would have been on a 321 with 26 seats in F, 38"F, 32"Y, a closet for your jacket, power for your laptop, IFE...
Do we really need to keep being reminded of the past????

Would it have been so bad to leave this as just as positive thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.