Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-ARN Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
PHL-ARN Advice

I will be flying PHL-ARN in August and Envoy and had a few questions.

Seatguru says that seats 1DF have less room. If 1AC are not available, would you suggest 1DF and 2DF?

In terms of meals, Seatexpert says that only 2 meals are loaded on the 757 versus the normal 3-4 meals. Any recent experience with what they serve on this route? If the 757 has limited selection, would you suggest ordering a special meal (e.g. low sodium etc.) or take your chances with the regular menu if you are hoping for a chicken/fish option?

Any other thoughts or suggestions on the PHL-ARN flight? This will be my first TATL flight on any airline in a 757.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:30 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I seem to remember that both sides had the same amount of room. I also am sure that we had three choices of meals. The special meals are a good option. I fly TATL alot and many times the crew will offer me the leftover special meals. I have had the low sodium and what I think was a hindu meal. They are good but I think they are just as good as the regular menu. I do know that there isn't duty free offered onboard the 757.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
I've never flown TATL in the 757 so I cannot comment on meals. However, I have been on that aircraft for domestic flights and would recommend row 2. This way, you can keep your personal item under the seat in front of you and there is a TON of room between rows 1 and 2. I remember being in 2F and not being able to reach my briefcase under the seat in front of me because it was too far away (I'm 5'11").
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by cwe84
I seem to remember that both sides had the same amount of room. I also am sure that we had three choices of meals. The special meals are a good option. I fly TATL alot and many times the crew will offer me the leftover special meals. I have had the low sodium and what I think was a hindu meal. They are good but I think they are just as good as the regular menu. I do know that there isn't duty free offered onboard the 757.
This is good news if they offer three meal options. Would you order the special meal again or select from the regular menu if you were hoping for a fish or chicken option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.