US starts nonstop CLT-HNL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
US starts nonstop CLT-HNL

Hi All,

US Airways will be introduction new nonstop for CLT-HNL on operated 762 aircraft and thanks to Europe will be freeing up the 767-200ER aircraft. So here the schedules will be inauguration service sometime on November 2009.

US 807 CLT 0945-1459 HNL 762
US 808 HNL 1745-0742+1 CLT 762

So what are you guys think for US will begin nonstop for CLT-HNL is first-time ever. So I knows US customers who already took on this flight out CLT-PHX is always full to continuing next segment to HNL on operated 757 aircraft. I didn't realize know that where I found out the specific info from a.net.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:31 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

4,678 miles each way. Pretty long for a domestic US flight. Continental's EWR-HNL has it beat by a couple hundred miles though.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:49 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Will be senior to Moses!!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flight62
Will be senior to Moses!!
^^^
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by N830MH
So what are you guys think for US will begin nonstop for CLT-HNL is first-time ever.
What do I think?

(a.) Yet another route I can avoid US on....

-and-

(b.) I continue to feel sorry for the good people of The Queen City.

Outside of that, not much...

Then again, who goes to Hawaii when you have the Caribbean in your back yard???

Oh yeah...US....that's who! LOL

Good grief....
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by N830MH
So what are you guys think for US will begin nonstop for CLT-HNL. . .
My first thought: I wish US would fly those international 762s from PHX. It would make the product so much more attractive than the old HP 757s with the incredibly uncomfortable F seats.

But, Hawaii desperately needs the traffic, so I hope it 'flies.'
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
My first thought: I wish US would fly those international 762s from PHX. It would make the product so much more attractive than the old HP 757s with the incredibly uncomfortable F seats.

But, Hawaii desperately needs the traffic, so I hope it 'flies.'
Yes, I believe it was international seat configurations in J & Y class section. So I think it will be freeing up 762ER from European. I think it should have to be refurbished the cabin interiors. US need to be installed the personal TV, too.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Or better yet, fly something PHX-Europe! Do they have anything that could make this?

On a more serious note, how does CLT-HNL compare with CLT-Europe, distance-wise?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aztimm
Or better yet, fly something PHX-Europe! Do they have anything that could make this?
No, not yet.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No, not yet.
It will wait to see for which specific routes will be choose. It should wait for awhile sometime in between 2010 or 2011. This is where terminal 4 is in N4 will have to decide begin renovations the entire concourse.

Last edited by N830MH; Jun 18, 2009 at 11:54 pm
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:01 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Two things I don't get:

Why not PHL?

And, I find it difficult to believe that the Europe markets are bad enough that they can't make more money going to a Euro destination than HNL.

OTOH, I'm sure they'll reduce mileage balances something fierce.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Two things I don't get:

Why not PHL?

And, I find it difficult to believe that the Europe markets are bad enough that they can't make more money going to a Euro destination than HNL.

No, absolutely not. I don't think they will ever to be reduction the qualifications miles. So it will kept 100% all mileage actual. This is better work for US will inauguration for CLT-HNL is first-ever nonstop. I don't remember where US is flies out of CLT-LAX-HNL almost more than 20 years ago. I don't have enough good memory for me at all.

No, does not need goes for PHL-HNL due to weight restricted. This is on operated 762ER will have seriously more payload weight restricted 500 miles shorter than EWR-HNL.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:20 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Two things I don't get:

Why not PHL?

Assuming they wouldn't have payload restrictions westbound to HNL, they likely also don't want to compete with CO from EWR. My best guess is that PHL would be less of a "monopoly route" than CLT. (and I use the "s because there's not much value on a monopoly leisure route, IMO).

I share your bewilderment on why they'd pull it from Europe... the only thing I can think of is potential cargo revenue or a strong drop off in European premiums traffic. IIRC, it's down industry wide >20% so perhaps there's a cost benefit that offsets the lower revenue?
Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by aztimm
On a more serious note, how does CLT-HNL compare with CLT-Europe, distance-wise?
CLT-CDG = 4,174 miles

CLT-HNL = 4,678 miles

And I'm not bashing US here...but I truly don't get this route. Furthermore, I agree with AZ Travels the World...."do this route with this equipment from PHX.

I do, honestly, hope it works....but I'm not sure I "get it."
Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by VanTheMan63

Then again, who goes to Hawaii when you have the Caribbean in your back yard???

Oh yeah...US....that's who! LOL

Good grief....

I don't get your point. Why not go fly to Hawaii AND the Caribbean?

On the other hand, we ALL get your endless general point: you hate US. And you continue to take every opportunity to tell us so. We get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.