Paying Change Fee Vs. New Reservation

Old Jun 4, 09, 8:01 am

Paying Change Fee Vs. New Reservation

I need to change the departure day for a USAirways flight to Montreal. The fare on the flight has dropped since I first booked. USAirways will charge $150 to change the reservation, but not lower the fare. If I just book a new outbound flight, it would cost less than $150. But if I don't use the first part of my original reservation, will it affect the return reservation?
Old Jul 5, 09, 11:21 am

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz, IHG Pt (MC), Hyatt Discoverist (BiB,) HHonors Ag (Amex,) *wood, Marriott Ag.
YES, if U don't fly outbound, the whole ticket will be cancelled. Further, U must call to cancel the ticket on/ before the day of departure, otherwise U lose all money paid!

All U can do to try to save is book a new ticket from scratch, then cancel the old one & hold on to the money in it for future use.

Search this Thread