Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
US announces the Power-Nap Sack: Pillow & a blanket for $7

See the product here.

Today's Press Release:

US Airways Power-Nap Sack Offers Customers High-Flying Comfort

TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- US Airways (NYSE:LCC) customers can rest easy knowing they have everything they need to relax in-flight with US Airways’ new, personal travel pillow and blanket kit – the US Airways Power-Nap SackTM. Starting Feb. 16, 2009, customers will be able to purchase the take-home travel kits onboard domestic US Airways flights (excluding US Airways Express and trans-Atlantic flights) for $7. Similar kits retail for approximately $20.

Each US Airways Power-Nap Sack includes a cozy 34 x 60-inch fleece blanket, a soft-to-the-touch inflatable neck pillow, eye shades and foam ear plugs neatly packaged inside a reusable, navy blue fleece drawstring bag embroidered with the US Airways logo.

As an added value, each US Airways Power-Nap Sack includes a coupon for $10 off the future purchase of any SkyMall item. SkyMall’s unique and innovative product line includes items such as the Light FlightTM travel scale and the iPod® to iPod® Transfer Device that lets users quickly and easily transfer music, video and pictures from one iPod to another without the use of a computer.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Too bad it doesn't include a Snuggie.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
This is not a bad move since it is a good value.

Will US offer pillows and blankets on TATL flights for free?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does this mean pillows & blankets in F are gone?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by PittDoc
Does this mean pillows & blankets in F are gone?
Press Release

View printer-friendly version
<< Back
Rest Easy with the US Airways Power-Nap SackTM Pillow and Blanket Kit
US Airways Power-Nap Sack Offers Customers High-Flying Comfort
TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- US Airways (NYSE:LCC) customers can rest easy knowing they have everything they need to relax in-flight with US Airways’ new, personal travel pillow and blanket kit – the US Airways Power-Nap SackTM. Starting Feb. 16, 2009, customers will be able to purchase the take-home travel kits onboard domestic US Airways flights (excluding US Airways Express and trans-Atlantic flights) for $7. Similar kits retail for approximately $20.

Each US Airways Power-Nap Sack includes a cozy 34 x 60-inch fleece blanket, a soft-to-the-touch inflatable neck pillow, eye shades and foam ear plugs neatly packaged inside a reusable, navy blue fleece drawstring bag embroidered with the US Airways logo.

As an added value, each US Airways Power-Nap Sack includes a coupon for $10 off the future purchase of any SkyMall item. SkyMall’s unique and innovative product line includes items such as the Light FlightTM travel scale and the iPod® to iPod® Transfer Device that lets users quickly and easily transfer music, video and pictures from one iPod to another without the use of a computer.

“Offering our customers the option to purchase a high-quality personal travel pillow and blanket kit is a natural extension of our ‘pay for what you choose and use’ model we began rolling out last year,” said Kevin Jackson, managing director, Consumer and Partnership Marketing for US Airways. "The US Airways Power-Nap Sack provides our customers with a personal, affordable way to boost their comfort when they fly.”

“Teaming up with US Airways is a natural fit for us,” said Casey Christ, vice president, Airline Marketing for SkyMall. “The SkyMall catalog is your one-stop-shop for unique items or finding the perfect gift for the person who has everything. We are pleased to give US Airways customers another reason to shop with SkyMall.”

US Airways Power-Nap Sacks for purchase will replace the limited complimentary pillows and blankets previously available in domestic Coach Class. Customers traveling in US Airways’ domestic First Class and trans-Atlantic Envoy and Economy Class cabins will continue receiving complimentary pillows and blankets for use during their flight. Customers may purchase the US Airways Power-Nap Sack in-flight using cash, debit or credit card starting Feb. 16, 2009. They may also purchase the kits starting today at the US Airways Company Store at www.usairways.com/companystore.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: US Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, DL/NWA dirt, AA dirt
So that does mean one more thing for the FA to police. "got to watch out for those dasterdly passangers taking the pillows and blankets laid out in F back to the coach section."
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by jpchan
So that does mean one more thing for the FA to police. "got to watch out for those dasterdly passangers taking the pillows and blankets laid out in F back to the coach section."
Or they can hand them out personally to the first pax. I actually might buy one (for the neck pillow). I never use the blankets or pillows anyway, it's like sharing your comb or toothbrush IMO. How often are those things cleaned?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: USAir Chairman, Marriott Platinum
Angry

Oh how I hate flying this airline.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:25 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs down

What a great airline!!! Oh how I love US Airways. 1525 segments in 10 years. Stopped flying them last June. I can say that I have I miss them about as much as I miss going to the thick fingered proctologist!

Elite Status Is Not A Matter of Life and Death...It's Much More Important Than That!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Are these kits complimentary to F passengers or will F passengers continue to receive the standard pillows and blankets?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by uva185
Are these kits complimentary to F passengers or will F passengers continue to receive the standard pillows and blankets?
By standard, do you mean used already?

If they give F passengers anything, it will probably be the old (dirty) ones! LOL
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:41 pm
EOS

Programs: Premier Exec: All Star Alliance affiliated
PRICKLY

Fleece! Ugh.

No matter if it is free, or $7, fleece is cheapo synthetic stuff.

With a logo! Super-tacky.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by EOS
Fleece! Ugh.

No matter if it is free, or $7, fleece is cheapo synthetic stuff.

With a logo! Super-tacky.
Fleece gives me too much static electricity, especially in the winter. Shocking I know!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Fleece gives me too much static electricity, especially in the winter. Shocking I know!
FI pillows and blankets are better anyway.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by VanTheMan63
FI pillows and blankets are better anyway.
As a matter of fact, you're right! Cozy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.