Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold
I didn't quite follow the return issue 7:30am being a remedy etc.

But it is impossible to meet the expectations of obsessive control freaks. And if time is so incredibly valuable to this person (2 hrs is the stated problem) then how can it be justified spending another 78 minutes on hold, and probably another 2+ hours to craft that rant. Clearly she has a ton of time on her hands and needs to learn how to cut her losses.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:29 pm

The update to the blog is even more pathetic, albeit slightly easier to read. Apparently we were not raised properly and thus do not have her standards.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Wirelessly posted (Motorola DynaTAC 8000X / NCSA Mosaic v 1.0)
Originally Posted by lewisc
http://www.the3dstudio.com/blog_detail.aspx?id=709

Normal schedule change. Customer accepted lousy flight times instead of a connecting flight. Problem compounded by booking through Orbitz. Hard to read blog complains about poor customer service.
If that person writes a letter to Tempe, I hope they use different colored words just like on their blog.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Ugh... that blog is weird to say the least.

They constantly repeat "why would someone cancel full flight" theme.

Airlines don't just fly one flight they do schedules. Perhaps other days that particular flight for months was under utilized and they canceled it for several months in a row and their "full flight" was an exception that week/month/quarter.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
Ugh... that blog is weird to say the least.

They constantly repeat "why would someone cancel full flight" theme.

Airlines don't just fly one flight they do schedules. Perhaps other days that particular flight for months was under utilized and they canceled it for several months in a row and their "full flight" was an exception that week/month/quarter.

LOL iztok

It's like herding cats over there. I don't think they were prepared for the Flyer Talk invasion into their little fantasy.

I can't help but wonder what "ScrapCandy" will do if the flight home is delayed due to thunderstorms in MCO? I suppose that's US Airways fault too?

When I read blogs like that one it becomes clear why airlines create all of these "Gotcha's" in their contract. People like ScrapCandy want $99 R/T fares a free meal and hotel for a weather cancel and scream like a stuck pig if they don't get everything they deem fair.

It's no wonder the old HP Customer Relations consisted of "Here's a voucher now F Off".
Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Ah I was searching the DIS boards hoping to way to get a decent rental car rate for MCO in August (everything is double or triple my normal rate!!!) and was hoping this "masterpiece" would find its way to Flyertalk.

I do find it interesting that she kept insisting on disboards that because of her great persuasive skills and unwillingess to accept unreasonable service that things would work out for her...and now she writes on her blog that she doesn't expect US Air to resolve things to her satisfaction.

I also found this part fascinating, "I do not feel it would be in anyone's best interest to put him through two airline flights in one day totaling OVER 7 hours. I think it might border on child abuse to be confined to one seat or one row for the better part of your day as a 19 month old. I think the passengers around us would probably tend to agree with this line of thinking."

Guess she won't be asking for advice on flying with a toddler to Europe then. I still can't believe she'd take an early AM nonstop over a latter connection flight. And if she's such a great planner, why didn't she regularly check for a month or so to get the best possible rate, why buy the first thing that popped up?

I agree that she should have booked directly with US Air rather than Orbitz. But on the other hand, unless things have changed since my last US Air experience in 2007 she likely would be speaking with an agent in Manilla or Mexico or somewhere that English is the second language and the person would have difficulty dealing with her and getting her moved to a better flight. I came here in desperation back in 2007 and luckily some kind folks gave me the elite phone numbers so I could talk to someone Stateside to resolve my issues with using US Air miles on LH. (thank you again!)

And who really believes this is a "frequent" flier who has never had a flight changed after booking months in advance? And she better hope she doesn't get nearly stuck in MCO due to November storms like I did in January 2005 when a noreaster slammed the northeast and brought ice/freezing rain to CLT. Thankfully US Air endorsed me over to AA even though they didn't have to (they originally tried AirTrain but the mickey mouse airline refused to accept us).
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by zipadee
Ah I was searching the DIS boards hoping to way to get a decent rental car rate for MCO in August (everything is double or triple my normal rate!!!) and was hoping this "masterpiece" would find its way to Flyertalk
That thread was quite the entertainment, but the final post was a masterful ending and summed things up quite nicely.

Ultimately (and unfortunately) however it reinforces several stereotypes about the infrequent flyer and their misperceptions of how airlines operate. In this case I don't see where US did anything wrong.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:58 am

Well Boys and Girls I pitched enough of a fit on that blog to get the following reply from Matt Anderson, President of 3dStudio.com. Here is what he had to say.

> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: *** The3dStudio.com: feedback ***
> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:04:08 -0700
>
> Relax WhineyBob (as I see from sc's comments, you EARNED that title), we
> haven't censored you ONE bit. Each member controls their own blog and thus
> their own blog comments. Either that member hasn't approved your comments
> yet or chose not to, but it has nothing to do with us here at
> The3dStudio.com. I just checked the post and it looks like that author was
> sleeping or something (see their comments)...hard to believe Bob, but people
> aren't sitting around waiting on your emails and comments to come in.
>
> I guess it's not being paranoid if they really are out to get you
>
> As for free speech, well, although we haven't removed anything from you are
> censored you I think you need a taste of your own medicine. See our EULA
> that you AGREED to when signing up, look under section B, #2 and you will
> see...
>
> The3dStudio.com reserves the right to remove any Product for any reason.
>
> ...looks like somebody should pay attention to the rules, eh Bob? As for the
> truth, I haven't seen that yet from you...in fact, all I have seen is your
> attempt to be a Mr. Know-it-all type guy that thinks he can trample over
> somebody simply because they aren't a frequent flyer. A lot of your replies
> on that post make it CLEAR you didn't read the entire post. You are bashing
> scrapcandy for idiotic reasons and being rude all because you think they are
> wrong. I don't get that, I don't understand why someone would want to do
> that to somebody else unless that person doing the bashing is just a lonely
> old man who has been beaten by life.
>
> If you read that post, scrapcandy isn't really arguing what us air can do or
> saying that they didn't have a legal right to change a flight. They are
> trying to understand the logic behind it (as am I) and figure out how to get
> it corrected. They were simply looking for some help, ideas, a place to
> vent, etc. What is so hard to understand about that? The fact that you have
> enough time in your life to come and post what is essentially "hate
> comments" is frightening. No offense Bob, but I think you either need to be
> nice and help or go get a life.
>
> Now, on a serious note...I would LOVE to know why a fully booked flight gets
> canceled. No BS, nobody needs to be rude here. I saw some explanation on
> your forum but it didn't make sense. If an airline has a flight that is
> fully booked months out, they then make a second flight with a similar time
> that also gets booked....why would they cancel either flight? Guess I am not
> understanding how that works....answers like "airlines change their flight
> schedules all the time" don't really "fly" with me. If you have paying
> customers why would you turn them away?
>
> PS - I am replying to you as a onetime curtest but won't reply again if you
> contact us, I have ZERO interest in being drug into a assery filled email
> chain with you.
>
> Thank you,
> Matt Anderson, President
> The3dStudio.com, Inc.
> www.The3dStudio.com
>
I'll concede that I went after her HARD, and apparently Ron White is right when he said "You can't fix stupid" Oh well back to real issues.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 4:52 pm

> PS - I am replying to you as a onetime curtest but won't reply again if you
> contact us, I have ZERO interest in being drug into a assery filled email
> chain with you.
I strongly suspect that it is not my ESL status which makes the original blog and this amusing reply so difficult to read.

But you are correct, PineyBob; apparently the issues with the blog extend to other areas of that site.

Thank you Lewis for providing a few days entertainment and diversion from the more mundane topics. I'll head back to the UA forum now to discuss the absence of birdhouses in the men's washrooms in the RCC.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 5:29 pm

I had my grievances with US Airways... but the complaint on the blog....

I lolled. Dear Candy whatever your name is. I will donate my brain to you. Hopefully this compensates your loss. (interpretate that anyway you want)

TY.

Last edited by XRottenX; Jun 27, 2009 at 5:41 pm
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:02 am

My amusing US Air rant

New here. I've been dirt on USAir hovering just below silver for a couple years. Platinum on Delta. For the last couple months forced to fly US from DCA as its only real option into Charlotte.

A couple weeks back I realize that the promotion they have going on will qualify me for preferred the next week. I also catch wind from a passenger that last summer while I was abroad they'd give you 90 days of silver status for a free trial. I'm about to make a few cross country trips and a decide hey, since US is my airline of choice for the foreseeable future, why not give them the opportunity to earn more of my business. So I call and ask if they'll give me preferred status - as they can see by already booked flights I'd earn it via their promotion the next week (and via normal rules 2 weeks after). And in return I'd book a couple CC flights on US.

Now, its no the slightest problem for me to take Delta. I'd prefer it - much much better airline IMHO with a real 1st class that I'd have a strong probability of being upgraded to. But I figured I'd give them an opportunity.

You know the rest I'm sure - they told me to go pound sand. No preferred status matching, no accelerating award under promotion, no matter how many flights you'd book.

The fun part is I decide to email this story to Parker. I've been a CEO and really value direct feedback, so I figured I'd extend the courtesy to whoever filters his email (and also assumed that they'd make the seemingly wiser choice of taking my business versus not).

I get a call a couple of days later from someone who wants to discuss my email. Funnily enough though, they're not going to do anything. They just want me to know that my message was received. And the guy who was tasked with this says yeah, this is a crazy decision and a crazy policy but there's nothing I can do.

I reminded me of when I did business in Russia in the early 90s.

Just thought I'd share.

PS (the Delta flights have been great so far with 100% success in upgrades to a real 1st class).
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I agree that not granting a free status match is a very short-sighted business decision. I can understand charging for a challenge if you do not have elite status with any airline, but if you are a proven loyal flier, charging for a challenge rather than just status matching just seems so tacky.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by HBart
New here. I've been dirt on USAir hovering just below silver for a couple years. Platinum on Delta. For the last couple months forced to fly US from DCA as its only real option into Charlotte.

A couple weeks back I realize that the promotion they have going on will qualify me for preferred the next week. I also catch wind from a passenger that last summer while I was abroad they'd give you 90 days of silver status for a free trial. I'm about to make a few cross country trips and a decide hey, since US is my airline of choice for the foreseeable future, why not give them the opportunity to earn more of my business. So I call and ask if they'll give me preferred status - as they can see by already booked flights I'd earn it via their promotion the next week (and via normal rules 2 weeks after). And in return I'd book a couple CC flights on US.

Now, its no the slightest problem for me to take Delta. I'd prefer it - much much better airline IMHO with a real 1st class that I'd have a strong probability of being upgraded to. But I figured I'd give them an opportunity.

You know the rest I'm sure - they told me to go pound sand. No preferred status matching, no accelerating award under promotion, no matter how many flights you'd book.

The fun part is I decide to email this story to Parker. I've been a CEO and really value direct feedback, so I figured I'd extend the courtesy to whoever filters his email (and also assumed that they'd make the seemingly wiser choice of taking my business versus not).

I get a call a couple of days later from someone who wants to discuss my email. Funnily enough though, they're not going to do anything. They just want me to know that my message was received. And the guy who was tasked with this says yeah, this is a crazy decision and a crazy policy but there's nothing I can do.

I reminded me of when I did business in Russia in the early 90s.

Just thought I'd share.

PS (the Delta flights have been great so far with 100% success in upgrades to a real 1st class).
Stick with Delta, you won't regret it.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by safetymom
Stick with Delta, you won't regret it.
Oh sure, dead last (according to the latest DOT report) with respect on on-time performance, mishandled bags and consumer complaints!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: US C.P.
Prrogram Dilution

US continues to dilute the FF program. I am platinum with 80,000 miles so far this year............no MC.......all in the air. Upgrades and preferred seating are the two most important factors in my choice of FF programs. WIth the behaviour of US lately, it is becoming more and more difficult to get good seating.
I donīt have a problem with the upgrade system. It seems to work fine. US is holding more and more seats for a longer and longer time for revenue, but they need to make money. They perhaps could start mentioning in their promotional material that their upgrade windows only occur sometimes and in fact less and less all the time.
The problem that I am finding is in the preferred seating when I donīt get an upgrade. I used to almost always get an exit row. I fly a lot of 321s and getting seats 9DE and 10ABC is certainly a perk. I donīt mind not getting upgraded if I can land these seats. The problem is that the competition for these seats has gone crazy. Every person who flies on US can now qualify for silver just by buying a ticket. That makes the preferred seating almost a `non perk`. Now I have been told by UA 1ks that they are booking US online, taking regular seats and then phoning the reservation line, telling the agent that they are *G and getting exit rows. So now as someone with 80,000 miles in the air, I am in competition for an exit row with anyone on the plane who can pass the exit row exam. This is a no cost issue for US. It doesnīt matter to them who flies in the exit row. Costs are identical. It does however give them a chance to reward people on the plane who do a lot of business with them. If I donīt get an exit row, there are fewer other preferred seats because of the choice seat vs preferred seat dilution that took place earlier this year.
If the airline is going to give away silver status to everyone who can breathe, perhaps they should limit the benefits. For example, for freebie silvers, they could go on line and get a preferred seat 24 or 48 hours before flight time. This could be the same for *G, and then we could expect the same treatment from UA and CO and our other cousins. ha ha. If this is not compatible to US software, then the freebie silvers could be given priority at check in.
The bottom line is that dilution is taking place. There has been little thought to some of the recent decisions, and a little more analysis might be in order for future decisions that affect customers who really do FLY a lot of miles with US airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.