Wiki Posts
Search

USAir cancels their portion of 2-airline ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:34 am
Original Member
Original Poster

USAir cancels their portion of 2-airline ticket

I have a roundtrip that has USAir on the outbound and Delta on the return, booked through Travelocity.

Anyone know which of the two airlines uses 037 ticket stock?

USAir shows my outbound, when I look on the website, as "cancelled" Travelocity says that USAir cancelled it.

Neither one seems to want to fix it.Travel is on this coming Tuesday Feb. 3

Any ideas?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:40 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Anyone know which of the two airlines uses 037 ticket stock?
037 is US Air ticket stock.
You can check stock numbers at http://www.arccorp.com/carcode.htm
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:54 am

Why isn't Travelocity willing to help? They're your travel agent for this ticket, and you paid them a fee, correct? Is the US Airways flight canceled, or just your reservation/ticket?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:29 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyer
Why isn't Travelocity willing to help? They're your travel agent for this ticket, and you paid them a fee, correct? Is the US Airways flight canceled, or just your reservation/ticket?
Travelocity, while I was on the phone with them, said that USAir refused to fix it and that the USAir help desk wouldn't be open until Monday so there was nothing they could do about it at least till then. But what do you expect, they've outsourced Customer Service (Travelocity) to India..

After the initial posting, I called USAir again. Agent said she couldn't help me, she was transferring me to the Help Desk. She transferred me to Travelocity. I hung up and called again and asked for a Supervisor. Initial agent insisted on handling the call. Again told me that Travelocity had to fix it. Verified that 037 was their ticket stock. After looking at the notes in the PNR, sold me it was cancelled on 1/14/09 because it was a "duplicate reservation" - original booking made in November. Didn't know who cancelled it. They blamed Travelocity.

So I asked what happened to the "other" reservation? She gave me the Confirmation # and said it was valid. While still on the phone with her, I looked that up online. Well, the flights they cancelled were on 02/03/09 going to ATL. The Conf. code she gave me was for a trip later in the week to the west coast; it was on UA ticket stock, booked through UA.com and out of 6 flights, only the two outbound were on USAir. So she put me on hold again & when she came back I insisted on a Supervisor. I don't think she was one, but never mind....I told her that the second reservation was on UA ticket stock, was booked by UA and had nothing to do with Travelocity. So the only one who could have cancelled my 2/3/09 flights to ATL could have been USAir, and I expected them to fix it...How come a reservation be considered a "duplicate reservation" if the dates didn't match, and the destinations didn't match...?

Took an hour overall, but these brainiacs finally got it fixed.

I assume that they were going to try and bill Travelocity for the current price of a one-way to ATL ($149) whereas the original Roundtrip on USAir/Delta was $123 total...

Geez. What a bunch of idiots...

By the way, I still have the same flights (with crappier seats); it was a matter of the ticket being cancelled, nothing to do with the flights.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Sure sounds like a good reason not to use Travelocity.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:59 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lougord99
Sure sounds like a good reason not to use Travelocity.

Well, sounds like a good reason not to use USAir either....

Since they refused to do anything for me (even though it was their fault and not Travelocity's) until I really pushed them...

But I guess if Travelocity Customer Service wasn't a bunch of wimpy Indian Call Center folks who don't know the difference between Atlanta and San Francisco, they might have gotten it taken care of.

But would they really spend an hour on the phone with USAir to get it resolved just because they'd gotten a $6 ticketing fee? Hmm, considering what they probably pay per hour....maybe they'd still come out ahead...
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:24 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Travelocity really dropped the ball.

You paid them $7 to be your travel agent. That means that the responsibility to find another flight is theirs when something on that ticket goes amiss.

Their responsibility for your ticket does not end after they sell it to you!

I'd recommend a rather stern letter to Travelocity's customer care department.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
Travelocity really dropped the ball.

You paid them $7 to be your travel agent. That means that the responsibility to find another flight is theirs when something on that ticket goes amiss.

Their responsibility for your ticket does not end after they sell it to you!

I'd recommend a rather stern letter to Travelocity's customer care department.
I'm with Spiff on this one. I would ever so politely jump down Travelocity's throat and pull out a lung or two!

I did this on the phone a few times to get a little something extra in the way of compensation for when I'm on hold for extended periods. I flat out tell them I'm sending a bill for $200.00 for the hour I spent on the phone and that I'll got to court and the media to collect it "unless we can work something out". This is done at the supervisory level.

It works because you immediately put them on the defensive and they can't hang up on you as you are EXTREMELY polite, but equally firm in your desire to resolve the issue in your favor.

I even got BoA to credit me $39.00 for a mistake they made on my account. My argument was simple. I screw up I pay $39.00, you screw up you do the same (that and I knew there was case law in NJ)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.