Wiki Posts
Search

Flights into Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Hyatt
Flights into Key West

It's been a few years since I have been there. Trying to find a flight from PHL to EYW in July. Several years ago I went US Air from Philly to Miami to Key West. I can't seem to find any flight there. Tries US Air, United and Star Alliance web site with all negative results. I looked at the boat prices from Fort Myers to the Keys but that is very expensive. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
Fly to FLL or MIA, rent a car, and drive down US 1 through the keys. Plan it for the right time of day and I gurantee it will be one of the most beautiful drives you have ever taken.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: US1
I thought US flies CLT to the keys.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I think all the EYW flights on US metal go through CLT. I'm flying PHL-CLT-EYW in April. It was the only routing offered when I booked it. I just tried doing some dummy bookings and it seems to work up through early May, but chokes when I try to book it for late May on.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
Maybe it's seasonal service?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
You could also look for availability on CO Connection flights to the Keys (i think they have flights from TPA/FLL). I am pretty sure that these flights earn DM.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:16 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
There are 2 to 3 flights a day via CLT. There is codeshare service with CO via FLL operated by Gulfstream (B1900)
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
Eyw is seasonal

Key West used to be year round and now it's only during the winter time. Republic has the route and they used to do CLT-EYW-MCO-CLT, this now when the route goes it's only CLT-EYW-CLT. You can fly into FLL/MIA and catch the ground shuttle service, the more people, the more reasonable. You can watch a movie or have drink or two. Via, ground it's going to be a trek (~3 hours), it is very scenic, but you're at the mercy of traffic. Continental Connect does go through FLL or TPA (all require extremely long lay-over times). You can book it through United.com under their codeshare (~$800). If you can get to Ft Myers, the best, and IMHO the best, is the KeyWestExpress. SuperShuttle can get you there, but the cost is going to mirror flying. Enjoy.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:35 am

Word of Caution on the Ft. Myers Boat...

We took the boat from Ft. Myers to Key West for New Years 2007...trip down was nice and painless but the return on New Year’s Day was cancelled due to high seas. We had called that morning to confirm that all was well for the evening return that night and found out about the cancelation so we were able to rent a car and return that way. If you take this option you will want to think about allowing for buffer time in the event of weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.