Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else seeing a delay in Visa miles posting?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Anybody else seeing a delay in Visa miles posting?

For the past several years Visa miles posted to my bank of america account exactly 2 days after account closing. Even during holiday periods. It has been over a week and a half since December's statement closed and no miles yet. Normally I wouldn't complain or care but I've had a terribly negative experience with their customer service people and want to close it but I'd like my last batch of miles to post first.

Is this just my account or is anybody else having the same delay?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, Delta
Me too

I've had the same experience with quick posting in the past, but this month we it has been 2 weeks with no post. In checking the Bank of America website, it appears they are no longer offering this card....
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wallycda
I've had the same experience with quick posting in the past, but this month we it has been 2 weeks with no post. In checking the Bank of America website, it appears they are no longer offering this card....
Thank you very much for your information and welcome to flyer talk.

Hopefully they will post the miles soon. I'll give them an extra week or so, but I'm getting itchy to cancel this card.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Not I. My miles came through on the 18th as always.

Now, can anyone confirm the wind down phase on the US DM Visa cards? I hear March 31. But what does that mean? No more benefits? No more miles?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
Mine should have posted Dec 21st and have not.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Mhttoanywhere
Mine should have posted Dec 21st and have not.
Mine should have posted 20 Dec, but still have not.

Called B of A yesterday, they said US Airways DM was told of the miles on 21 Dec.

Called US Airways, DM, and was told the miles would probably post soon. Mentioned was travelling soon, and wanted the miles for possible use and for status - my spend was just over 25 K by Dec. Was connected w/ foreign call center (inferred from accent).

Was told that they would investigate but that it didn't matter as I wasn't going to make silver even w/ the 10K status miles. Said it did matter, higher status (higher status miles flown last year) does have an impact on your placement on standby lists, while RDM's could be used, in some circumstances, to buy miles). They will send me an email in 2 - 3 weeks...

Am shifting flights to UA (now 1K) and shifting credit card to UA Platinum.

Until yesterday the card processing of the US card had been excellent. Now is seems that both the US credit card and flight experiences are similar, many nice people, but enough major frustrations that it's time to switch.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
My Dec miles posted to the DM account right on time. After reading this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...ng-2009-a.html , I canceled my VISA card to avoid having some auto payments made to it in Jan. Hope I see the final 2xx posted to the account.
I might have been able to put 25k on it by March31st, but it doesn't look like the 10K rollover is being offered anymore, so why other.
Eileen

Last edited by EileenSRN; Jan 3, 2009 at 5:59 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 3, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
My VISA closed on the 25th. Miles have still not posted.

I also noticed a delay in posting US flight miles. A trip last week took several days to post in each direction. Latest trip yesterday did not post yet.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott, AA
Miles always take a while to post. But allow me to complain about BoA... they are horrible. I used to bank with them but I changed institutions. I got the USair cc for the miles... but I'm ready to get rid of it simply because BoA manages it. They canceled my card four times in 10 months... even after I had them note in my account that I would be traveling frequently to S/C america.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.