FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   ARCHIVED - RUMOR - US Airways Bonus Miles to Return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/890815-archived-rumor-us-airways-bonus-miles-return.html)

gaucho99 Nov 19, 2008 2:05 pm

ARCHIVED - RUMOR - US Airways Bonus Miles to Return

Possible announcement tomorow.

Jim_F Nov 19, 2008 2:07 pm

Hmm... is today April 1st?? The SP page still says:

Tickets purchased on/after August 6, 2008 for travel on US Airways and segments flown on/after August 6, 2008 with one of our partner airlines will no longer be eligible for Preferred bonus miles.

Oxb Nov 19, 2008 2:11 pm

So, did something show up on the spreadsheets at the sandcastle?

vysean Nov 19, 2008 2:14 pm

Well this would be a pretty incredible (and pretty late) reversal of policy.

Probably too little, too late for most... :(

Jumpgate Nov 19, 2008 2:17 pm

(If true) Too little. Too late.

N965VJ Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Did Tempe just admit a mistake? I guess there’s a first time for everything.

NY-FLA Nov 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jumpgate (Post 10778750)
(If true) Too little. Too late.

So true, about 5 years too late for this ex CP, if even true. :mad: :td:
Complete reversal on about 5 other fronts + a complete culture change would be needed to draw me back.

Sabre1 Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

This is a case where a :popcorn: smilie might come in handy LOL.

If true it's a positive turn of events!

GaryZ Nov 19, 2008 2:43 pm

For this to work, what they need is another "everything counts" promotion.

SS255 Nov 19, 2008 2:46 pm

I hope that this rumor is true, but it is too late for this 6-year GP.

VanTheMan63 Nov 19, 2008 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by NY-FLA (Post 10778868)
So true, about 5 years too late for this ex CP, if even true. :mad: :td:
Complete reversal on about 5 other fronts + a complete culture change would be needed to draw me back.

+1

Perfectly stated.

I'm done, no matter what happens with bonus miles....CO and WN are simply better products. No ifs, ands or buts about it....with or without the FF program.

coswellnc Nov 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by gaucho99 (Post 10778646)
Possible announcement tomorow.

Now don't tease us. Can somebody please check this rumor? I would hate to have a repeat of the "US Clubs charging for water" thread again.

If this is true, then at least they are trying to lure flyers like me back and that is a good start. In an attempt to use every cliché' possible in a sentence, I’ll just say that an olive branch like this would go a long way to smooth ruffled feathers and show that management is willing to reach out across the aisle in an effort to mend fences.

freakazoid Nov 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Maybe just a test posting to see how much life is left in here :D

Jumpgate Nov 19, 2008 3:24 pm

If this is true I can't WAIT to see how they spin this.

I wonder if they'll just say it in a very matter of fact manner (these changes take place as of this date. Period.) or if they'll gush a little about how they listened to their customers and this is a great example.

BoeingBoy Nov 19, 2008 3:27 pm

The original OP, before it was changed, was pretty matter-of-fact.

Jim