Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:28 am

This is not a bad move. Neither is the (limited) attempt to enhance F service.

But taking out IFE and powerports is still a mystery to me and is a hostile act to the customers.

Get me inflight internet and restore the carryover EQMs and a power port and I'll be happy
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: Ex Plat, Avis President's, and various hoteliers...
They messed up the miles

My account refelcts the Gold Bonus Miles, however, they did not go back and upgrade the short segements to 500 miles before the calculation. Therefore we are still short changed. I am sure they will fix this, but you would think that the algorithm would have been tested before it was released.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by DesertFlier
Too late for me. I was status matched to CO the beginning of the week and they will have my business going forward.

US has a LOT more work to do to get ever get my business back.

Power ports?

IFE?

Free soda?

No bag fees?

No charge for reward redemption?

Remotely decent FC service and amenities?

Non-surly FA's and GA's and CS?

Talk to me then.
I agree with several of these.

But, others, neeh. No bag fees exist if you're elite and 95% of the posters on this board are elite. Additionally, there can't be more than one or two full service carriers that haven't initiated bag fees. Sorry, the horse has left the barn on that one.

With respect to FC service, its mixed. I did a F class hop on UA from DCA-ORD the other night, and just like US, there was NO drink service until well after departure. Wine was served in plastic cups and the seat was no more comfortable than the US F class seat (actually I think I like the US A320 seats better).

Now having dealt with US for a lot of years and as one who was ready to pull the plug for reasons that others have mentioned time and time again on this board, I will say that I walked up to the UA gate agent at ORD yesterday and asked the gate agent to change the FF number on my boarding pass from UA to US....He seemed shocked.....But I did it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:04 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by flight62
While I agree with most of what you say, you are fooling yourself if you think you will have nothing but great attitudes with CO.
flight62, normally, I agree with your 98% of the time....and I think you are at least ONE bright light in this company.....however, I disagree, more or less with this.

I've flown CO enough to be Platinum, their highest level, going on 3 years...and in all those flights, I can actually only remember one mainline and one Express flight that were less than desireable in terms of crew attitude.

Everything, from buying the ticket and talking to the customer service professionals to claiming your bag at baggage claim is done on a different level than where US is at this point in time.

And WN? I can't ever recall having a flight crew that was miserable or had a bad attitude, much less, even a crew that acted as though they wish they weren't there. From the "peanut & pretzel race" to the friendly, efficient "lets get you there," I have to say, it's very, very different on US now than it was.

It's kind of strange...but I always use to feel like I was "cheating on US" during my "US is my airline of choice" days, from 1987 to about 2 years ago, when I flew other airlines...

I get on the airplanes now and feel out of sorts, for the most part.

It's just so bizarre...and I guess, sad.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I just checked, and still no changes to reflect 500 mile minimums or any bonus miles.

From the way I understood the message this would be completed by the December statement. Given that I just received the November statement (with activity through Oct 31) earlier this week, I won't expect my Dec statement until Dec 15 or thereabouts.

Has anyone else seen changes in their account? Perhaps we could use this thread where people post when the updates have taken place in their accounts, and you can share the accuracy of it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've got my bonus miles (Gold bonus) this morning. Didn't get 500 miles fix for my 330 miles flights DCA-CLT.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:00 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VanTheMan63
I've flown CO enough to be Platinum, their highest level, going on 3 years...and in all those flights, I can actually only remember one mainline and one Express flight that were less than desireable in terms of crew attitude.
While I can't agree with you entirely re: CO, they are in general much friendlier and more professional than US' front line staff.

I've not been happy by any means with CO F FA's, but they have ALWAYS been a hell of a lot better than the FA's on most of my PHL-LAX runs, who seem to be more focused on being angry and surly. Actually heard one on US say we were on "final approach" 20 minutes before landing - and then threaten, over the PA, to have security meet anyone who didn't immediately comply with her direction to return seatbacks and stow electronic devices.

You'd NEVER see that on CO.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vysean
Huh? Take it up with the program you credited to. Why would US care?
Because in most instances, the operating airline buys the miles from the crediting airline. The crediting airline generally doesn't award those miles; the operating airline bought them. In this case, US appears to have bought fewer than 500 and should now buy more (to add up to 500).
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:05 am

I got the bonus miles based on actual miles flown update overnight. No 500-mile min adjustments yet, including bonus miles.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
I've not been happy by any means with CO F FA's,
Wow....I have to say....that's a mouthful.

You fly up front on transcon, quite a bit, right?

I think in 5 years, I've flown CO transcon one time in Y....into and out of SFO and SMF in F, more than 10 times a year...and I can't begin to make that statement.

Sure, there have been some less than great flights...uneventful...even just a little below average. And I know my wife reported to me once in F they gave her all courses of her dinner at once and had to ring the call bell because the F/A had gone missing. That's like, one time in, what, 50 times? At least?

But not happy with any CO F FA's....wow...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I notice that the press release says the 500 mile minimums only apply to US Airways shuttle flights. Does this mean that my 30 or so PHL to RDU flights(336 miles) on a US mainline aircraft this year are not applicable to the 500 mile minimum?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bofie
But taking out IFE and powerports is still a mystery to me and is a hostile act to the customers.
I was talking to the FA in F last night on my flight home, and she told me that they haven't even begun to take out the IFE equipment on any plane she has worked. She said they just don't give them videos.

Has anyone heard of them actually REMOVING the equipment?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by SixString
...Does this mean that my 30 or so PHL to RDU flights(336 miles) on a US mainline aircraft this year are not applicable to the 500 mile minimum?
The 500-min has returned only for Preferred DM Members on US and other qualifying flights.

Exception: On the US Shuttle flights, the 500-min is given to all DM members (base + Preferred)

From website:
... Beginning November 20, 2008, we'll resume awarding Preferred members with a minimum of 500 miles for each segment flown. We'll award retroactive segment minimums for all Preferred member flights from May 1 through November 19, 2008, too.

Beginning November 20, 2008, Dividend Miles members traveling on US Airways Shuttle flights will receive a minimum of 500 miles per segment. We'll award retroactive segment minimums for all base members who took a US Airways Shuttle flight between May 1 and November 19, 2008.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
The 500-min has returned only for Preferred DM Members on US and other qualifying flights.
kudzu, I'm really happy for you my friend!

Good things happen to good people...and I know you know that.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Because in most instances, the operating airline buys the miles from the crediting airline. The crediting airline generally doesn't award those miles; the operating airline bought them. In this case, US appears to have bought fewer than 500 and should now buy more (to add up to 500).
I guess I'm being slow, but I still don't understand how this is relevant to US?

If I fly on US but credit to UA, I need to discuss with UA crediting a 500 mile minimum. I would look at their page on crediting flights from US (http://www.united.com/page/article/0,1360,50107,00.html) and go from there. US couldn't care less if I fly them and credit to UA. Same for AC, LH, BD, SQ, or any of the other alliance members that I might choose to credit my US flights to.

Seems like if someone is concerned about getting a minimum when crediting to a program other than DM, they need to talk to the manager of that other program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.