MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Old Nov 20, 08, 12:27 pm

Programs: US1
I honestly think that US brought the 500 miles min back is because they are seeing that people are not booking with them.

TOO LATE BABY BYE BYE!
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:56 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It'll be interesting to see what they do try to lure higher yield flyers back. After a few changes in the schedule, I'll finish with only 16k, but all in paid transcon F. I'm also EXP and Plat on AA and CO.

If they have the balls to try to charge me to comp status, it's unlikely they'll see any revenue unless there's no other viable option for what I need to do.
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:56 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hi All - I apologize for the confusion, but in an effort to keep the thread clear to those who didn't see all the goings-on yesterday, I've moved the pre-confirmation posts to a separate thread (ARCHIVED - RUMOR - US Airways Bonus Miles to Return).

The posts in this thread start from the official announcement provided by new FT member DMInsider.

I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion or frustration!

Regards,

Sean
Old Nov 20, 08, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flight62 View Post
Hey Fern

The internet has the power to ruin us. Do you guys FINALLY get it or are you a one hit wonder?? You guys come on here and spread the FF love while the REAL employees clean up your mess. And lest we forget the threats some employees have received from management for those posting here and on USAviation.

I hope you all are finally seeing that we complain because we care. We want US to be special, not generic. We need you to be human, not a robot. We need tools, not toys.

I am pleased you have communicated, but you have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to gain back the FF AND employee's respect and trust!! You ran off many and now are panicking. Frankly, this is too little, too late.

Please tell someone there to get a little vision and stop behaving in a reactionary way.
Flight62-

Exceptionally well stated. Very interesting that he has not yet responded to your post. BUT, his hands...like yours...are tied by you-know-who on Rio Solado Parkway.

As a 7 year CP...next year, nothing...I am gone from US. And, that decision over one year ago was affirmed today by the fact that the Email communication from US included no apology, no admission of error, and no stated commitment to stop holding all customers in such disdain and with such hatred.

It takes an IQ of 4.4 to know that US is now only attempting to stay in business while reserving all rights to continue screwing with passengers.

I have found connecting on DL, CO and AA (as well as WN, which I said I would never do) to be an outright pleasure out of PHX.

You're a pro. The people way above you in Tempe are not.
Old Nov 20, 08, 2:24 pm

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, BW Diamond, Hertz PC
It's pretty upsetting that they waited this long for the change. A lot of us have been status-matched and invested our remaining 2008 travel elsewhere, myself included, and I won't return in 2009 unless I see major evidence of improvement. The random upgrade or two is just not worth it anymore.

Who's to say they won't pull more bad changes every time fuel goes up? They lead the industry in negative changes, and as such have lost my trust. Amazing how both FlightFund and DM used to be lead the way in positive changes and now it's completely the other direction.
Old Nov 20, 08, 2:30 pm

Thanks for this change - a friend who is a CP for a few years (with a balance of 900,000+) and we were trying to figure out which airline she should move to after US killed bonuses.

Thanks for bringing back the bonuses.
Old Nov 20, 08, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
This might have been answered in one of the threads, but I missed it. Does this have ramifications for folks crediting their US flights to UA or LH, for example? Will those also change retroactively? Anyone know? Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 08, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by magiciansampras View Post
This might have been answered in one of the threads, but I missed it. Does this have ramifications for folks crediting their US flights to UA or LH, for example? Will those also change retroactively? Anyone know? Thanks!
I believe it does. I flew UA (and credited to US) from MSP to ORD on TUE, and my account is currently credited with 500 miles.
Old Nov 20, 08, 4:05 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Gold
Directed at the OP and Tempe headquarters ...

As someone who has just shy of 200K miles already this year, the following thoughts tumble through the brain:

1. I'm thankful for the reversal in policy.
2. I will no longer leave for UA in 2009.
3. An apology would have been nice.
4. Just because I'm staying does not mean that things are great again.
5. You're in the service industry. High quality service is what I want.
6. Ambassadors like flight62 should be highly compensated, and involved in all policy decisions. They are the biggest asset to your company.
7. While I recognize you can not respond to all the grumbling and complaining that goes on in the forums, it would be invaluable to have frequent official, interactive communication on the forum from HQ.
8. Run polls. Solicit feedback. Collaborate. If your FFs feel they can participate in the process, they are more likely to feel engaged and committed. This doesn't obligate you to meet every demand.
9. Put the fun back in it with low cost non-flight related initiatives. Automatically generate "my yearly travel map" for FFs. Build widgets for people to integrate into Facebook, MySpace, etc. Be different than the "big carriers".
10. I look forward to seeing what US Airways can deliver in 2009 and I truly do hope you succeed in making it through a tough market.
Old Nov 20, 08, 4:09 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by DesertFlier View Post
I believe it does. I flew UA (and credited to US) from MSP to ORD on TUE, and my account is currently credited with 500 miles.
I even have my flight bonus from my last flight.
Old Nov 20, 08, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT Fern, but please excuse me for being cynical but I am reminded of a story that one of my friends told me a while ago.

Peanut butter was important. Many years ago, as a cadet at the U.S. Air Force Academy, I and other cadets enjoyed having a full size jar of peanut butter on each an every table in the dinning hall, "Mitchell Dinning Hall". We ate 23,340 pounds of peanut butter annually. The dinning hall had about 1.7 acres of floor space under roof, about 450 tables arranged in organized military fashion, and could feed 4,500 people at one seating.

At the noon-meal formation, visitors could watch 4,000 cadets stream out of their classrooms and dorms to quickly form into 40 squadrons of 100 cadets each spread out across the terrazzo, and march toward Mitchell like locust only to disappear from view through massive doors into the expansive dining facility, to eat their beloved peanut butter. Well actually the peanut butter jar was only at the table as an option if you didn't like the hot meal selection that was delivered to the table. The peanut butter jar had a comforting presence and was used often enough. But life would not always be so comforting.

One day all 4,000 of us swooped into Mitchell Hall, only to discover a dreadful sight. Our peanut butter jars had been replaced with substandard peanut butter packets, like little catchup or mustard packets that one finds in your car's glove box after a few trips through McDonald's. Peanut butter packets?! How discomforting and unacceptable! This was an assault on our very identity and could not be permitted.

We immediately began a campaign and filled out 4,000 comment forms on a daily basis to have our peanut bar jars restored to their rightful place at the head of the table. After a month of 4,000 comment forms a day, the message finally got through and the Wing Commander had a momentous announcement to make. We all waited with baited breath. Could it be?!

To thundering applause, the commander announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, you have made a difference. Our campaign has worked! Observe.. our peanut butter jars are back on the table!" Even so, at my table their was one cadet who seemed unimpressed with all the excitement and remained reserved, choosing not to participate in the festive mood that had erupted in unison from every table across the entire acre. I had to investigate. "What is the reason you are not joining in with all the excitement?" He responded, "We now have nothing more than we had all along. Why should we fawn over the ones who took it from us just because they gave it back to us?"
Old Nov 20, 08, 4:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, BA Gold
Pathetic...I got my status match within 2 business days with CO. I have waited a very long time and endured all the crap over the last 4 years. Whenever I flew another airline within the *A I saw the difference in how I was treated. They treated me better as a *G as US did as a PP. The most international upgrades (complimentary) I received were on UA and AirCanada as *G...NEVER...on my own airline.

It is time for me to try something new and I am excited about flying CO.

The only thing I can conclude is that Tempe must have seen an avalanche of FF leaving and they needed to stop the bleeding. What were they thinking?

Min 500 gone, OK I can understand that...charging $2 per drink, ridiculous but OK....dropping the bonus miles while every other airline continues to recognize loyalty? Suicide....

All the US FF that have gone to a different airline will realize that there is a much better world out there and they are not coming back. Many of those who have left before me have confirmed that.
Old Nov 20, 08, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
What about on US Mileage credit on Mileage Plus.....

US might say retroactive credit on US but what about those who traveled on US and credited their miles on other *A carriers? NOTHING! They aren't working hard enough to get my business back.

Jiburi
Old Nov 20, 08, 5:21 pm

Programs: USAirways Chairman, Delta Platinum, Fiesta Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold
On the changes, does the brings Preferred change to partners like Hertz? I still get these miles, but on August 1st, these stopped counting toward preferred. Does anyone know if the is impacted???
Old Nov 20, 08, 5:41 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jiburi View Post
US might say retroactive credit on US but what about those who traveled on US and credited their miles on other *A carriers? NOTHING! They aren't working hard enough to get my business back.

Jiburi
Huh? Take it up with the program you credited to. Why would US care?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: