MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Old Nov 20, 08, 10:50 am

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
By my accounting, they owe me 12,360 miles for the missing balance on 500-mile minimums, and the missing bonus miles on all miles from when that "enhancement" started.
Old Nov 20, 08, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Avis President's Club
One thing I did today is go online and print a summary of all my miles from this year. Given the IT problems seen in the past, I'm not willing to blindly believe that the process they develop to credit for lost miles will work properly. I want to make sure I have a hard copy just in case.
Old Nov 20, 08, 10:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*

Welcome to FT Fern, and I hope you stick around to participate when you can.

As a former HP employee, I've tried to remain loyal to US. But that was starting to become more and more difficult. Yesterday morning, I was planning my last biz trip of the year, and for the first time in 2 years, I almost bought a Southwest ticket. The thought of flying on WN seemed like cheating to me...and I ended up booking US.

I welcome these improvements back into the system, and look forward to hearing about more enhancements to keep me as a US frequent flyer.
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
A first step

This is a nice change, and I'm appreciative. Now if US could stop charging for water and pillows . . .
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:07 am

Programs: US Airways Platinum,Hyatt Diamond,Hertz 5*,Hilton Gold
Too late for me. I'm a current Platinum and have no chance to make it for next year since I've changed to AA & DL. They need to announce(soon) that current status will be maintained in the coming year or those who fled will merely yawn.
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Too late for me. I was status matched to CO the beginning of the week and they will have my business going forward.

US has a LOT more work to do to get ever get my business back.

Power ports?

IFE?

Free soda?

No bag fees?

No charge for reward redemption?

Remotely decent FC service and amenities?

Non-surly FA's and GA's and CS?

Talk to me then.

Last edited by DesertFlier; Nov 20, 08 at 11:18 am
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:31 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by DesertFlier View Post
Too late for me. I was status matched to CO the beginning of the week and they will have my business going forward.

Non-surly FA's and GA's and CS?

Talk to me then.
While I agree with most of what you say, you are fooling yourself if you think you will have nothing but great attitudes with CO.
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by flight62 View Post
While I agree with most of what you say, you are fooling yourself if you think you will have nothing but great attitudes with CO.
I have to disagree 100%. So far, my experience on CO has been top-notch. US is the complete sludge of the airways.

But, if you don't have standards for any part of the process, then I guess US would suit you just fine.
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Welcome to Flyertalk, DMInsider! It is very refreshing to see an "official" employee designated by management posting here. I hope that you will be a regular, active participant in this forum, and not just pop in now and again to feed us with corporatespeak in time of crisis.

I am very pleased that US has finally seen the light, or at least pretends to. The end justifies the means, although it is too late for this 6-year Gold.
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:43 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
First of all, let me welcome Fern Fernandez to the boards! It's about time, and it is something I had suggested to Tempe during one of my visits there over the past 2 years.

That said there is a lot more to be done to even have a hope of getting formerly loyal FF's back into the fold. The reinstatement of the mile bonuses and the 500 mile minimum are a first step, but one would hope it was done more to say "we're listening" than just because the competitors did it.

To the point of surly front line employees, every airline has a few. Sadly, US has more than its share, but I am sure they still have many of the really fantastic employees who used to be the main reason people like I stayed around so long. I am relatively sure Flight62 falls into that category. The main reason US has so many is that when labor relations are bad, it is only human nature for people to take their frustrations out on whomever is in range--in this case the customers. That said, the fault is squarely with management and NOT the actual employees (a generalization but I would say fairly accurate). And as we well know, perception is reality to most.

Now that we have had a "crack" in the fort, the next order of business would be to win back the TRUST of employees and customers. It won't be easy, and I am not sure it can be done at all at this late point, but they should at least try.

Let us hope that this is the beginning of a quantum change in the perception at Tempe that the employee and customer are the enemy, and that we are liabilities rather than assets. THAT is the REAL first step in correcting the problems.

For many it is too little too late---I can only speak for myself but it would take alot more to get me back.

Now -- about those silly beverage charges---you're alone in that one Tempe--make that right!

My BEST to you all...
Old Nov 20, 08, 11:45 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by DesertFlier View Post
I have to disagree 100%. So far, my experience on CO has been top-notch. US is the complete sludge of the airways.

But, if you don't have standards for any part of the process, then I guess US would suit you just fine.
Please don't insult me!!
Funny, when CAL was the sludge of the industry in the early 90's, they were the worst paid and treated. They now are the highest paid. See a pattern, Einstein?!?!
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by flight62 View Post
Please don't insult me!!
Funny, when CAL was the sludge of the industry in the early 90's, they were the worst paid and treated. They now are the highest paid. See a pattern, Einstein?!?!
Wow. With that attitude and tone, you sound like a US employee... But again, I guess you are representative of the quality of passenger they are attracting these days, which is why most of the experienced elites have defected to better airlines and will leave US to the Kettles and other unsavories of air travel.

Thanks for the reconfirmation I have made the right decision.
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:07 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
Could we get a moderator in here to tone this thread down a little before somebody gets a bloody nose?
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:11 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by coswellnc View Post
Could we get a moderator in here to tone this thread down a little before somebody gets a bloody nose?
If you think there is a need for a moderator, hit the little red triangle.
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Taking credit

Just got caught up on the whole thread - a comment on Randy's posts from page 2 - with all due respect, if he wants to take credit for this change, then I would like to see specific evidence that he or the SaveDividendMiles petition actually influenced US's position. Otherwise, it's pretty clear to me that US is simply following CO and UA (and AA, which never fully eliminated min miles in the first place). The prediction that this would be retroactive is not much of a stretch either, since this is also simply following what UA did (the CO and AA changes don't take effect til Jan 1).

Calling it like I see it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: