FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/890433-merged-threads-confirmed-us-airways-bonus-miles-return-retroactive.html)

VanTheMan63 Nov 20, 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 10783064)
Hey Fern

The internet has the power to ruin us. Do you guys FINALLY get it or are you a one hit wonder?? You guys come on here and spread the FF love while the REAL employees clean up your mess. And lest we forget the threats some employees have received from management for those posting here and on USAviation.

I hope you all are finally seeing that we complain because we care. We want US to be special, not generic. We need you to be human, not a robot. We need tools, not toys.

I am pleased you have communicated, but you have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to gain back the FF AND employee's respect and trust!! You ran off many and now are panicking. Frankly, this is too little, too late.

Please tell someone there to get a little vision and stop behaving in a reactionary way.

Well stated flight62. If only US Airways knew how valuable a roll you play both in your day working for US and your vountary roll here. ^

It will be interesting to see if the company has finally come to realize the true wisdom, "if we don't take care of our customers, someone else will."

My suspicion is, however, there's a WHOLE bunch of arrogance that needs to be purged....since the interview with US Management basically said, "we've seen no drop-off in bookings." I find that impossible to believe. Then again, I find nothing this management team says impossible to believe.

Thankfully, CO and WN are taking excellent care of me....after US stopped doing so when the worst of HP came to reside inside US aircraft.

Mudfish Nov 20, 2008 8:36 am

Interesting that it only applies to preferreds. It occurs to me that it remains harder to attain silver since you don't get the 500 minimum, but becomes easier to maintain or advance to other levels.

radonc1 Nov 20, 2008 8:38 am

Originally Posted by coswellnc (Post 10783346)
Here...Here! Very well said Flight62. If it wasn't still early in the morning, I'd toast you with a drink. Since it is still morning for me, I will raise my coffee cup to you. Hope that is ok.

Just be sure that you have your $2 (in correct change) ready for the FA.

I think that US is simply doing what is necessary to make its FFP conform to what will be the new standard when CO moves over to *A. We have seen it happening at CO and I suspect that in the months to follow, further changes in all three programs (UA, US, CO) will occur to make them more similar than different. I will just have to wait and see where the hammer falls in regards to "enhancements" to each of the programs.

flight62 Nov 20, 2008 8:45 am

Originally Posted by coswellnc (Post 10783346)
Here...Here! Very well said Flight62. If it wasn't still early in the morning, I'd toast you with a drink. Since it is still morning for me, I will raise my coffee cup to you. Hope that is ok.

That is great since I don't drink anyway. Just doing my job!

bwiadca Nov 20, 2008 8:46 am

Now with my two milage runs and getting retro miles I will make 41K in the next two weeks!!!!! I was short few miles for qualifying to Gold, and now I'll be few miles short of Platinum!!!
I wanted to qualify for the status and jump the ship to Continental, but now I have no reason to leave US.
Thanks US Airways!

VanTheMan63 Nov 20, 2008 8:46 am

Originally Posted by radonc1 (Post 10783447)
Just be sure that you have your $2 (in correct change) ready for the FA.

If you wanna really have some fun, pay for that bottle of water or soda with a roll of nickels...or 4 rolls of pennies...that was BIG fun when I did that last week! LOL

flight62 Nov 20, 2008 8:53 am

[QUOTE=VanTheMan63;10783414]Well stated flight62. If only US Airways knew how valuable a roll you play both in your day working for US and your vountary roll here. ^

/QUOTE]

US Airways needs to place employees like me in liasion positions to get back the FF and business customer. I would go off line in a heartbeat to do what I can to turn this sinking ship (with regards to this issue). But they would NEVER ask someone like me as that would go against their elitist, CPA ( no offense to CPA's) style of running an airline.

I challenge the company stalkers to approach me in some capacity. Who's in??

ClueByFour Nov 20, 2008 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Mudfish (Post 10783438)
Interesting that it only applies to preferreds. It occurs to me that it remains harder to attain silver since you don't get the 500 minimum, but becomes easier to maintain or advance to other levels.

Exactly right. Unless one is preferred, you still get a free kick in the teeth to go with your $2 water.

Too little, too late.

PSU Mudder Nov 20, 2008 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Mudfish (Post 10783438)

They are simply matching CO, AA, et al with that one. Those guys no longer give 500 mins to non-preferreds.

belynch Nov 20, 2008 9:25 am

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 10783557)

For what it's worth USAirways has been advertising for Corp. Comm. positions for a couple of months now. It's more or less what I do for a living (which is why I realize how bad they are at it) but I wouldn't touch those jobs with a 10' pole. No sense in jumping into a failing company in this economy.

In my humble opinion it's too late to right this ship.

rvolkcpa Nov 20, 2008 9:27 am

CPA's thoughts

[QUOTE=flight62;10783557]

Originally Posted by VanTheMan63 (Post 10783414)
Well stated flight62. If only US Airways knew how valuable a roll you play both in your day working for US and your vountary roll here. ^

/QUOTE]

US Airways needs to place employees like me in liasion positions to get back the FF and business customer. I would go off line in a heartbeat to do what I can to turn this sinking ship (with regards to this issue). But they would NEVER ask someone like me as that would go against their elitist, CPA ( no offense to CPA's) style of running an airline.

I think any CPA's at US Airways should be aware that you have to offer VALUE to your customers if you want to keep them. I don't think too many CPA's would go as far as US Airways has gone in making cuts that alienate customers.

I'm happy to see a slight turnaround regarding Dividend Miles.

seawolf Nov 20, 2008 9:30 am

Dumb move to begin with. They basically give other airlines a free opening to win over their top customers. Sure some folks will return, but others probably won't look back.

otimemore Nov 20, 2008 9:30 am

I'm surprised at the impact this will have on my account. From May 1 to now I have ~65 segments and 73k miles. With the 500 min and 100% bonus miles I get just under 40k miles. It looks like booking a ton of flights prior to 8/6 and getting the bonus miles for those flights sheilded me from the true impact of the now recinded changes.

If asked prior to the press release, I would have guessed closer to 60k miles.

myadvice Nov 20, 2008 9:31 am

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 10783557)

Many better run travel places have employees monitor online communications to help the customers and proactively solve problems. Look at the Southwest Boards and Marriott boards on FT for example. If you work at US and want to have an online presence, I've heard that you almost have to lie and say you work at "Wendy's" to avoid the wrath of the company online stalkers.

flight62 Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 10783784)
For what it's worth USAirways has been advertising for Corp. Comm. positions for a couple of months now. It's more or less what I do for a living (which is why I realize how bad they are at it) but I wouldn't touch those jobs with a 10' pole. No sense in jumping into a failing company in this economy.

In my humble opinion it's too late to right this ship.

Yeah, this would never be on my terms. That is why you have the stupid people in all these positions.