MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Old Nov 20, 08, 7:28 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Avis First
Fern - welcome to Flyer Talk

I think it is great that you posted here and used this forum to communicate with us directly - I think I should send you and A & B! . I am so excited about the bringing back of bonus miles and the 500 min. I was getting ready to jump ship to Delta, but now I have no reason to. The lack of mileage accrual (especially for a short hauler like me) was becoming a deal breaker. I travel a lot for business and the silver lining for me was always that I could get 1-2 free tickets a year for personal use with my family.

Thank you again for this awesome reversal, and I hope to see you on this forum more often!
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I read the rumor thread last night, and got the email this mornig. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to see corporate getting in tune with their best customers, particulalry in posting the info here first.

It's a wise move to listen and interact with your customers. Hopefully US Airways is turning over a new leaf with this!
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:43 am
Suspended

Fantastic news that will certainly earn more of my (Plat) business. Thanks, Fern.

Now my only request, Fern, is when is LAS-DCA redeye coming back? I miss that flight very much.
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Aluminum Foil
Welcome to FT!

I'll just echo the previous comments -- we're happy to have you and look forward to a new chapter.

Looks like I'll no longer have my US Preferred status in 2009, but being as I'm based in PHL, any improvement is a good thing.

-Cheeky
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:44 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
I never ever thought I would see the day when this USAirways reverses course on a cost-saving move. It's a nice gesture to keep some of its most valuable customers - and stay in line with the major industry players.
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Aluminum Foil
I didn't see this thread yesterday, so when I opened my email and saw an "Important Announcement from US Air" my first reaction was think, ok, there go the seats to save weight, I guess I'll be standing for the flight to my parents house over Thanksgiving....
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Chairman, Avis First
Wow. If I calculated correctly, my husband will get over 25K points retroactively. That is huge especially since we are trying to get to Europe this sumnmer on miles.
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:59 am

Programs: CP dividend miles mostly
Thank you I jsut joined FT to figure out what campeting ariline to join due to the cahnges in DM so I guess I have more to think about.

Now I gotta run and check my account I may be CP already
Old Nov 20, 08, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DMInsider View Post

Thanks for your continued support and for choosing US Airways.

Fern Fernandez,
Director, Marketing Programs, US Airways
And thanks for coming on to FT!

We've sorely missed the presence of a representative from US Airways, so I hope you'll visit us often!
Old Nov 20, 08, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I just read about it in the AZ paper this morning and logged on to see what others said. I was going to leave for CO but will probably stay just because of more non-stops than having to connect everywhere....

Thanks for listening (finally) and returning these very valuable perks....

Now we aren't losing something else in return for getting these back are we?

Lance
Old Nov 20, 08, 8:07 am

Well, they set the bar as low as it could go, and unfortunately many carriers followed them down, but not all the way, and now they're adopting the new industry standard minimum.

As has been said before--too little, too late for me to come back. But, a step in the right direction, and I will give them credit for that.
Old Nov 20, 08, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Leow's Gold, USAIR Chairman's, Avis First, Hertz #1 Gold
Retro bonus

I see it and I hear it but I will believe it when the points show up in my account!!

It is positive new though!
Old Nov 20, 08, 8:16 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
I just got the email as well. I'm glad they saw the mistake they made and what it was going to cost them and changed it back. While I, like many people here, completely disagreed with what they did, the fact that they're reinstating the 500 mile minimum and bonus miles means they did listen.
Old Nov 20, 08, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Leow's Gold, USAIR Chairman's, Avis First, Hertz #1 Gold
Thanks for taking the time Fern

I am geographically a slave to USAir. I fly alot and it is refreshing to have someone from the company participating in this board. I will finally make CP this year!! Getting the back points is great and shows some interest in the most frequesnt travelers. I think I am most appreciative of knowing that someone at USAir will be reading and digesting the comments of those of us that are major users of their company's services.
Old Nov 20, 08, 8:21 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by DMInsider View Post
Thanks for your continued support and for choosing US Airways.

Fern Fernandez,
Director, Marketing Programs, US Airways
You FT presence and your update are both very welcome news, Fern, thank you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: