Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Interestingly, I flew PHX-SNA on 11/18. The flight credit was posted on 11/20 as 500 miles (actual flight mileage is 338.)

This has evidently been in the works for some time.

I went ahead and calculated that I should be due over 15,000 miles retroactively...none have posted yet but it does seem logical that they will post in "batches."
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:57 am

This is a big deal for me as 45 of my 51 segments flown since 05/01/08 were less than 500 miles. I'm going to pick up 20,000 miles when they complete the retro credit which is about a 65% jump over the miles I actually earned in that time period.

Being an east coast short-haul traveler, USAir is the airline that best fits my travel needs, but I was absolutely going to stop flying them after December due to the DM changes. Their recent action has made me not feel compelled to switch carriers and I feel no small amount of relief as I was struggling to find an airline that would be an "as good" or "better" fit.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by shack42
Their recent action has made me not feel compelled to switch carriers and I feel no small amount of relief as I was struggling to find an airline that would be an "as good" or "better" fit.
I feel the exact same way.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Thanks for the offer - but, like others have noted, it's a too late. I gave up on qualifying for US Gold next year and have been flying CO and DL (now plat on both) since the announcement. I still have enough segments on for US silver next year, but with CO joining Star it's useless. It's not like I could get upgraded on the all-coach E170s anyway.

Note to Tempe: You can skip my elite mailing in February (which will probably be delayed until March anyway) and put that money towards an on-board water e-credit for me.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by TVCMH
Note to Tempe: You can skip my elite mailing in February (which will probably be delayed until March anyway) and put that money towards an on-board water e-credit for me.
LMAO! Now that is something I can also get on board with if I ever get on board (with US) again!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shack42
. . . Their recent action has made me not feel compelled to switch carriers and I feel no small amount of relief as I was struggling to find an airline that would be an "as good" or "better" fit.
Same with me. I think they were about to face a huge wave of additional defections at the start of the year if they didn't do something.

For my travel patterns, living in PHX, US is without question the best alternative. I was not relishing the thought of seeing so much of DEN, ORD and IAD, but I was preparing to get a status match or challenge from UA and give it a go as of Jan. 1. Dec. 1 was my mental cut-off date. This will prevent me from doing that.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Same with me. I think they were about to face a huge wave of additional defections at the start of the year if they didn't do something.

For my travel patterns, living in PHX, US is without question the best alternative. I was not relishing the thought of seeing so much of DEN, ORD and IAD, but I was preparing to get a status match or challenge from UA and give it a go as of Jan. 1. Dec. 1 was my mental cut-off date. This will prevent me from doing that.
I am also in the same boat. I was going to defect next year if they didn't reverse at least these things. I can live without some things but the miles was a big deal for me. So now I will be at least staying put for the time being and hope they reverse a couple more decisions in the months to come since alot have already left. They would have to over-enhance it to get alot of people back and I don't see them doing that so I think it will be slim for them for a while for those of us "hubbed" into using US Airways.

Lance
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Maybe when they *retroactively* stop charging for drinks, I'll consider flying them again....

d'oh, I'm actually flying them tomorrow, but it's only because UA pushed me over there following their schedule reductions at MHT!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Thumbs up

They just posted my 19,000 miles due me!!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC E,Spg Plat,HH Dia,Hertz Pres Cir, US Air Gold,CO gold
They posted my miles without the 500 mile min and now I can just imagine how much trouble I will have to go through to get them to correct it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
People, RELAX!

Originally Posted by mslland
They posted my miles without the 500 mile min and now I can just imagine how much trouble I will have to go through to get them to correct it.
They announced this all of 48 hours ago, saying that we would see the retro miles on our December statement. Give them some time to work through it.

Based upon what everyone has posted, it appears that they're doing the elite bonus miles in the first phase, no doubt to be followed by the 500-mile minimums.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
They announced this all of 48 hours ago, saying that we would see the retro miles on our December statement. Give them some time to work through it.

Based upon what everyone has posted, it appears that they're doing the elite bonus miles in the first phase, no doubt to be followed by the 500-mile minimums.
Then they will need to adjust the elite bonuses to reflect the 500-mile minimum! Sounds like at least a three-tier process!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:46 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Translation: Give their IT department time to code how to actually do it. Hopefully it will be properly tested so we don't end up with fake GPs and the like as in the past.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:28 am

Programs: SQ Solitaire PPS AA nothing short of 1m miler US CP, HH Diamond,
Smile Best news since joining Star Alliance

Just landed on US in Munich in paid Envoy I was a very happy camper getting the news.
This move might have saved US a very extreme decline in yield starting January 1 as the remaining loyals like me were at the end of their patience.
Like many others I was preparing to jump ship in my case to LH.
As I see service improvements in ENVOY and even domestic FIRST and defenitely several improvements in their PHL operation I am very happy that they stopped their biggest mistake in the last 10 years eliminating de facto their elite program.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by eurousair
As I see service improvements in ENVOY and even domestic FIRST and defenitely several improvements in their PHL operation I am very happy that they stopped their biggest mistake in the last 10 years eliminating de facto their elite program.
Any chance you can expand on the improvements you've noticed in ENVOY and domestic FIRST?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.