A little bit of help if you could spare a minute.

Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:18 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I just want to add that US uses two separate piers at Washington (DCA
is the code, that's why your ticket says MCIDCA). I just checked:
yesterday and today, your connection would have been easy, as you'd
just have had to walk between gates 23 and 25. Tomorrow, likewise, as
the gates in question are 35 and 36. A proverbial piece of cake.

A problem would occur if the flights landed far apart from each other -
the gates numbered in the 20s are in the central pier and the gates
numbered in the 30s and 40s are in the north pier, quite a distance.
Luckily, there is a bus shuttle available between the piers so you
don't have to reclear security. If your first flight is on time and you
are reasonably fit, you should be able to (just) make your connection.

In addition to the excellent advice given above, you might want to
call the day before your flights to see about the gate assignments
(you can also click on this link to the US Airways website to get the same
information). If the gates are not in sync the way they have been
during my small sample, you could perhaps prevail on someone at
Reservations to rebook you on a more comfortable connection -
something they will have to do anyway if you misconnect through
US's fault.

Good luck, and let us know how things turned out.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:18 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by Raegan
But continuing on... My flight is with US Airways. It says on the ticket (which I am not too sure how to read exactly) US Airways #3328 Operated by: US3328 OPR BY ** US AIRWAYS EXPRESS-REPULBIC AIRLINES MCIDCA -Please check in with the operating carrier.
US Airways, like many large airlines, contracts with regional airlines (like Republic Airlines) to provide service to smaller airports on smaller planes.

What this means to you is that for check-in, you can still check in on the main US Airways web site if you do on-line check-in. If you check in at the airport, you should still check in at US Airways, unless you see a separate check-in desk for US Airways Express.

(Note that this is different from the situation where the flight is operated by another airline not flying with the US Airways brand. For example, if the US Airways flight said "operated by United Airlines", you would have to check in with United Airlines.)

US Airways is a member of Star Alliance, which includes United Airlines and a number of foreign airlines like Air Canada, Singapore Airlines, etc.. You can collect the frequent flyer miles from your US Airways flight on any Star Alliance frequent flyer program; however different programs have different rules, so you may want to consider carefully which one you want to concentrate miles on (once credited, they generally cannot be moved to a different airline's program).

If the risk of misconnection appears high, you may want to print out a list of later flights going from your connection airport (DCA, Reagan National) to your destination airport, so that you know your options for rebooking if necessary.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Raegan

Flight US#3328 Kansas City (MCI) to Washington Reagan (DCA) is usually on an E-170, a smaller jet that others on this forum are better acquainted with. It is on-time 90% of the time, with an average delay of 8 min.

US has one of the best on-time performance records lately, so you should be early or on-time into DCA. Your connecting flight, US#3330 DCA-ALB, also an E-170, is 95% on-time, with an average delay of 14 min.

Please note theUS baggage policies and fees charged. Aboard, all items - water, soda, snacks if any, are for sale.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.