Coins for Extras

 
Old Oct 31, 08, 8:00 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Posts: 1,462
Originally Posted by JoeTravel View Post
Has anybody actually paid with coins for anything extra? I am a UA1K, and will have to suffer in the back this weekend on a flight out of PHL. Luckily it will be on a flight less than 500 miles. I am wondering what reactions, if any, people have received when using 4 rolls of pennies to buy a soft drink.
You would be a moron to try it... Also there was a whole thread about this topic...
cwe84 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 08, 8:18 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 381
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post



Dont worry about the f/a's, they could find a new job if they dont like the one they have!
This has got to be the most asinine post I've seen here on FT in the 6+ years I've been on here. Really, prior to reading this post I didn't think it was possible to display this much arrogance and stupidity in just one short sentence. Now I know better.
EWC-JMU is offline  
Old Oct 31, 08, 8:35 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Posts: 7,251
Originally Posted by BearX220 View Post
Juvenile. You want to send a message, mail your CP card to Tempe and start booking Southwest. None of this stupidity is the FAs' fault.
+1...please do NOT even think of doing this to our f/a's. It is not their policy. Do like me if you need a drink or whatever BUY IT BEFORE YOU BOARD. Do NOT give Tempe one extra cent.
coachrowsey is offline  
Old Oct 31, 08, 8:37 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Posts: 7,251
Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
+1...please do NOT even think of doing this to our f/a's. It is not their policy. Do like me if you need a drink or whatever BUY IT BEFORE YOU BOARD. Do NOT give Tempe one extra cent.
This is addressed to the op....
coachrowsey is offline  
Old Oct 31, 08, 8:43 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Posts: 7,251
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post



Dont worry about the f/a's, they could find a new job if they dont like the one they have!

If I were to answer this the way I want I would be looking at time off & quite frankly you or the likes of you aren't worth it.
coachrowsey is offline  
Old Oct 31, 08, 9:06 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AVL
Programs: AA EXP (from US CP); SPG Plat; Cunard Plat
Posts: 4,210
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post


Dont worry about the f/a's, they could find a new job if they dont like the one they have!
Hmm, somehow this reminds of the Tempe Think that many FTers are complaining about:

Tempe Think: "Don't worry about the business travelers, they could find a new airline if they don't like the one they have!"
kudzu is offline  
Old Nov 4, 08, 4:27 pm
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: IL USA
Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Posts: 205
Thanks to everybody for responding. What a range of emotions and opinions out there! The flight attendants were laughing when the handful of assorted change was presented, and it created some discussion. The cup of ice is free. Anything else is a buy on board. I rarely fly US as I mentioned I am a UA 1K. I wasn't trying to be a challenging passenger, but I was trying to send a point home. We discussed the empty bottle through the checkpoint which is allowed, why we thought Uncle Doug and his gang came up with the idea, and speculated on the rumor that the TSA is hoping to lift the ban on liquids at some point in 2009.
JoeTravel is offline  
Old Nov 4, 08, 4:41 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PHL
Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,331
Originally Posted by JoeTravel View Post
We discussed the empty bottle through the checkpoint which is allowed, why we thought Uncle Doug and his gang came up with the idea, and speculated on the rumor that the TSA is hoping to lift the ban on liquids at some point in 2009.
That would be incredible if they lifted the liquid ban. In addition to the benefit of being able to carry water through the TSA lines, I hate the kippie bag.

Here's a thread about it in the TS&S forum.
USPhilly is offline  
Old Nov 4, 08, 6:51 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Posts: 3,318
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
Hmm, somehow this reminds of the Tempe Think that many FTers are complaining about:

Tempe Think: "Don't worry about the business travelers, they could find a new airline if they don't like the one they have!"

I have...UA1K, CO Plat*, and enjoying every minute of it!!!


But really...if I dont like my job..i would get a NEW ONE!!!
PhillyPhlyer40 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: