Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Shake up at the castle (3 execs, including VP Marketing Travis Christ, to leave US)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shake up at the castle (3 execs, including VP Marketing Travis Christ, to leave US)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP, CO PE, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, BW Diamond, Avis PC
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by gawhite411
I do want US to go under because I want the few good routes they have to be taken over by an airline that is decent enough for me to fly.

Selfish!! Selfish!! Selfish!!

I've said it already but I'll say it again, wishing the airline to go under is just selfish. You are more concerned about your few routes than you are about the thousands upon thousands of people who would loose their jobs. Are there things that I wish weren't cut (i.e. bonus miles, mileage minimums, etc.), sure. Would I rather have things cut and see the airline stay around, yes. Also as a 2nd reason for not wanting the airline to go under, if they did many many people (including so many on this board) would loose their miles that they've worked so hard to earn over time.

So keep the selfishness to yourself.

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by flywaywaytoomuch
Yes it is true.

Joe Berry is leaving the industry completely and his position will be filled again. Travis Christ is also leaving the industry completely and his position will not be filled. Not sure where Larry LeSueur is going but his position will not be filled.
I have to ask: how can you confidently confirm this and state who is leaving, what is being filled, and what is not if you do not work for US Airways?

It's kind of like this: if you want to speak with an authoritative voice like that, people will assume you work for Tempe. That's before we get into a historical nature posting analysis (eg, "which side").

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by 1Phillyflyer
I would not assume that because many VFF's haven't moved to UA / CO yet, that they're not going to at the end of the year. I've weighed the situation carefully and will stick it out with US through 2008, then am moving to UA or CO (depends on how far CO has progressed with the UA deal or their *A move) with a status match. This is, of course, unless US returns the bonus miles. I have never in my life seen a more ridiculous business decision. By now, since no other carrier has gone along with the bonus miles removal, you'd think they'd wise up and figure out what a dumb move this was. I still think the move had more to do with end of the year executive bonuses then it did to the long term health of the company.
I could not say it better myself! I would prefer CO but I guess UA is my second.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Not true at all. In fact, the demise of US would most likely cause airfares to drop quickly, notably in PHL and CLT.
Not true. Less competition on a short term basis will cause airfares to rise dramatically. If anything because the lack of inventory will cause a higher demand and related higher fares. It would take a while for airfares to drop if they even were to.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
I have to ask: how can you confidently confirm this and state who is leaving, what is being filled, and what is not if you do not work for US Airways?

It's kind of like this: if you want to speak with an authoritative voice like that, people will assume you work for Tempe. That's before we get into a historical nature posting analysis (eg, "which side").
Look at what I just posted!! People can assume whatever the hell they want. Obviously the many times I keep stating that I do not work for the airline mean nothing to these people. But I just know people that work for the airline but don't work for them myself.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:05 am

I've said it already but I'll say it again, wishing the airline to go under is just selfish. You are more concerned about your few routes than you are about the thousands upon thousands of people who would loose their jobs.
If you think for a minute that current management and owners think about anything else but about themselves you are sadly mistaken. US management is not concerned about frequent fliers so why would we in turn be concerned about US?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iztok
If you think for a minute that current management and owners think about anything else but about themselves you are sadly mistaken. US management is not concerned about frequent fliers so why would we in turn be concerned about US?
I'm not saying anyone has to be concerned about management but regardless of what management thinks of FFs would you seriously wish unemployment on thousands and thousands of hard working people that really have no control over what their bosses do?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:07 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Look at what I just posted!! People can assume whatever the hell they want. Obviously the many times I keep stating that I do not work for the airline mean nothing to these people. But I just know people that work for the airline but don't work for them myself.
I did. Let's try this another way:

How do you know that these people are leaving? How can you definitively say "it's true" and do you have a relationship with US Airways either as an employee or as an employee of a company that provides US Airways with a service?

Because, to be perfectly frank, that's what it looks like.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Turning a cash issue into saying the airline might not make it thru the end of the year appears suggestive enough that you'd hope the airline would go under. It just seems as if you are trying to find support for wanting the airline to go under. Airlines are all having their cash issues and doing what they can to correct it. Plus everything I've seen shows that US is not in the best cash position of the majors but is not in the worse position either.
You may want to check your "facts". DoUgIe is quoted as saying there is a cash problem and he states the issue with the airline surviving to 2009 is real. If any one has created the issue of the airline not making it to 2009, it was the head sand flea

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Aug 30, 2008 at 3:26 pm
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:13 am

Not true. Less competition on a short term basis will cause airfares to rise dramatically. If anything because the lack of inventory will cause a higher demand and related higher fares. It would take a while for airfares to drop if they even were to.
Sorry but what are you smoking?

It is hardly possible to have less competition in CLT then we have now. If US scales down and say releases B gates I am sure that there will be many airlines that will get in. I am pretty sure WN will pick up biggest east coast routes in a heartbeat! I can't imagine no airline will pick up CLT-IAD/DCA and CLT-LGA/EWR routes.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:16 am

I'm not saying anyone has to be concerned about management but regardless of what management thinks of FFs would you seriously wish unemployment on thousands and thousands of hard working people that really have no control over what their bosses do?
US going under is not doing of FFers but their management. So thousands and thousands of heard working people shouldn't blame anyone, especially not FFers but their management for situation they are in.

So I refuse your attempts to blame victims, because this is exactly what you are doing when you are blaming FFers.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:23 am
Suspended

US going under is not doing of FFers but their management. So thousands and thousands of heard working people shouldn't blame anyone, especially not FFers but their management for situation they are in.

So I refuse your attempts to blame victims, because this is exactly what you are doing when you are blaming FFers.
None of my posts are blaming FFers for anyting going on at the airline. The FFers of course cant control what management does. I am just saying that those on here that are actively wishing for the airline to go under are being selfish. If you don't like whats going on at US, move on and go to another airline instead of sticking around and wishing doom on the airline.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:27 am

None of my posts are blaming FFers for anyting going on at the airline. The FFers of course cant control what management does. I am just saying that those on here that are actively wishing for the airline to go under are being selfish. If you don't like whats going on at US, move on and go to another airline instead of sticking around and wishing doom on the airline.
While I don't wish anyone to lose their job I think that as far as CLT and its o/d fliers are concerned we would be better off if US would scale down to C/D/E concourses and have WN and other airlines spread to B.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:30 am
Suspended

While I don't wish anyone to lose their job I think that as far as CLT and its o/d fliers are concerned we would be better off if US would scale down to C/D/E concourses and have WN and other airlines spread to B.
With how you feel about the airline I can understand why you'd want other airlines to step in. I obviously don't agree with you about the airline and probably never will. But I'm glad you obviously see that a dislike of the airline shouldnt turn into wishes of doom for the employees.

With all that said, people keep hoping WN and other airlines will take over CLT. All I can say is, don't hold your breath. I don't think you'll see any airlines trying to overtake any particular market, anytime soon.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:37 am

I don't think you'll see any airlines trying to overtake any particular market, anytime soon.
If US scales down I am sure airlines will move into CLT and prices will drop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.