Wiki Posts
Search

US Announces New Lower Fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
US Announces New Lower Fares

"US Airways Group Inc. is offering lower fares between Phoenix and a number of U.S. cities."

www.bizjournals.com

I guess with fuel prices and fares coming down we can expect to see the fees and charges go away.....

Either that or SWA is putting another nail in the coffin.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I guess with fuel prices and fares coming down we can expect to see the fees and charges go away.....
No way... the NYT reported today that with fuel prices taking a dip and fleet reductions, cost savings and extra surcharges in place, airlines will make profits in Q3-4/08 to make up for terrific losses in Q1-2. They will hold on to the surcharges for life. God only knows how the demand will pan out...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Great Offers!

And as an addition to the press release:

"Doug Parker is also selling a bridge as a low cost bridge builder (complimentary soda included with purchse)."
Old Aug 26, 2008, 8:08 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Here we flame again.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 8:24 am

Oil prices have come down...but those prices haven't been reflected in fuel yet. Hope this is the right bet.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
...Either that or SWA is putting another nail in the coffin.
It's just a Sale, after all *sigh* (not that we have had many Sales on US lately) in selected markets...should bring a smile to PHX flyers wishing to stick with a legacy carrier . Choice in airlines, as with most everything else, is good.....
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by gsforfree
Oil prices have come down...but those prices haven't been reflected in fuel yet.
Jet fuel spot prices were about $4/gal 2 months ago and now are about $3.25/gal.

Jim
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:22 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by flight62
Here we flame again.
Truth, as always, is in the eye of the beholder.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:51 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
Originally Posted by gsforfree
Oil prices have come down...but those prices haven't been reflected in fuel yet. Hope this is the right bet.
as if....
when the crude oil prices were going up - they were reflected in gas prices the next day and in ticket prices prices the very next week; but when they fall for weeks --- o! I get it - they "haven't been reflected in fuel yet". What are you inhaling? I want to see crap in pink too.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Jet fuel spot prices were about $4/gal 2 months ago and now are about $3.25/gal.

Jim
Exactly.

On July 3, NYC spot prices hit $4.32/gal. I'd say that a dollar a gallon reduction is comparable to the decrease in crude prices.

Facts can be such an inconvenient truth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.