Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam Summer Promotion 40,000 Miles Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:53 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Interesting there's not more discussion of this offer, guess it's an idication of the lack of interest overall in Dividend Miles compared to Delta's similar promotion for SkyMiles.

Is anyone else even trying to be in the first 50? I'm kind of trying, we'll see how it goes, here's what it's looking like for me:

1. Dining for miles (posted) - only real cost is the 7 AA miles/dollar I lost since I'm not an elite member in the Dividend Miles Dining Program.

2. Sharebuilder (posted) - 2,500 mile bonus posted very quickly after my stock purchase. Could do this for just a few dollars, I actually did more than I needed to. Set up a Roth IRA for a few bucks and just watch it grow.

3. 2 Hilton stays (posted) - No incremental cost to me.

4. E-Rewards Mileage Transfer (posted) - Traded someone 1,000 Membership Rewards points for 500 miles.

5. Trackitback.com (posted) - $34.94 for their least expensive package, including shipping. 750 miles posted in a few days.

6. Bose (posted) - Purchased some cable for $10.76 including shipping, 20 miles posted a few days after shipment.

7. Reservation Rewards (posted) - Signed up for free trial, 500 bonus miles posted in a few days.

8. Buy Miles (posted) - Purchased 1,000 miles for $50 (ouch). Posted instantly.

9. Microsoft Live Search Club (posted) - This posted as "Incentive Miles - Points.com" ... I'm not too comfortable with that, but it should count. Traded someone 1,000 Diners Club points for these 500 miles.

10. 2 Hilton stays (completed but not posted) - 2nd hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

11. 2 Hilton stays (completed but not posted) - 3rd hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

12. 2 Hertz rentals (completed but not posted) - 1st hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

13. Biscoff (completed but not posted) - $35.15 for the original Biscoff cookies ... wife likes these anyway. Should receive 270 miles or so for this purchase.

14. FTD.com (completed but not posted) - $29.98 for birdhouse for wife, should receive 400 miles.

15. Giftsense.com (completed but not posted) - $28.98 for some teddy bear, should receive 380 miles.

16. Office Max (completed but not posted) - Bought $3.00 ruler, total of $11.79 with shipping. Should receive 8 or so miles.

17. SuperShuttle (completed but not posted) - $20 (including driver tip) for trip from airport to downtown. Should receive 50 miles.

18. TD Ameritrade (completed but not posted) - Deposited $2,500, but negligble incremental cost. Should receive 5,000 miles, but have to leave money there for 9 months per terms & conditions.

19. Wine Insiders (completed but not posted) - $21.34 for two (what I'm sure are ...) cheap bottles of wine. Should receive 1,080 miles.

20. SkyMall (completed but not posted) - $21.85 for pet hair brush $12 pet hair brush with shipping. Should receive 35 miles or so.

21. US Airways Mastercard (in process) - Should be receiving the card shortly and will receive 15,000 bonus miles for getting the card.

22. Starwood Preferred Guest transfer (in process) - Waiting for some SPG points to hit my account, then will transfer 3,000 to US.

23. DHL (completed (I think) but not posted) - No incremental cost to me, should receive 280 miles or so for the $140 purchase. Haven't received any confirmation or charge to my credit card though after a few days.

24. Netflix (not quite completed yet) - Signed up for the cheapest plan, still waiting for free trial to end though. Should receive 1,500 miles for my $7.95 one month membership.

So I'm at 24 with the hotel stay last night and the car I returned this morning. I'll add some to get to 28 and for insurance on getting the 24 and hopefully getting Gold Preferred (for whatever that's worth).
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Beckles:

Given the interest shown on this board regarding this promotion, I don't think you have to worry about being one of the first 50!

I noticed you traded to get the LSC miles. Why? Anyone can sign up and choose which airline to get miles in.

Are you avoiding Sentry because you don't want a potential credit report hit, worried that it will be a hassle to get them to pay up, or some other reason? (It's been almost 2 weeks since I got a quote, and there is no posting of miles yet. I'll give it another week or two and then follow up.)
Old Jul 26, 2008, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Beckles:I noticed you traded to get the LSC miles. Why? Anyone can sign up and choose which airline to get miles in.
'Cause I can be quite lazy (despite any indication to the contrary evidenced by my previous post).

Are you avoiding Sentry because you don't want a potential credit report hit, worried that it will be a hassle to get them to pay up, or some other reason? (It's been almost 2 weeks since I got a quote, and there is no posting of miles yet. I'll give it another week or two and then follow up.)
I've been kinda meaning to do that ... but I have to get the information on my cars ... and it seems like it might be a little work dealing with them. I have more confidence in them than some of the other partners I've already used (like DHL), so it's not that.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
19. Wine Insiders (completed but not posted) - $21.34 for two (what I'm sure are ...) cheap bottles of wine. Should receive 1,080 miles.
Anyone know how long it takes for the Wine Insiders points to post? I received my wine and want to cancel my membership before next billing period, but have not received my 1,080 miles yet
I did a Dine, Microsoft Live search, and Reservations Rewards (all of which have posted). Not exactly a Grand Slam - maybe walked to first?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Here are my first four (although I might try for a fifth in case one doesnt post):

Spending on my US Mastercard
SkyMall purchase
points.com transfer
SPG transfer (this counts as one even if I transfer just one point??)
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
SPG transfer (this counts as one even if I transfer just one point??)
You would need to transfer a minimum of 3,000 SPG points to count as 1 hit. I thought about doing this, but SPG points are just worth so much more than US miles for me.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:11 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
12 points as of August 12, but 0 bonus miles??? Anyone score a run yet?

Originally Posted by T&C
Bonus Miles will post on August 12, September 12, October 12, November 12 and December 12, 2008.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Chuckles
You would need to transfer a minimum of 3,000 SPG points to count as 1 hit. I thought about doing this, but SPG points are just worth so much more than US miles for me.
Are there any other hotel programs that we can transfer points into miles to count for this promotion?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there any other hotel programs that we can transfer points into miles to count for this promotion?
Earn one hit when you convert hotel points from a single Qualifying Partner into 3,000 or more Dividend Miles. Maximum one hit per Qualifying Partner. There are 9 Qualifying Partners: Best Western, Choice Hotels, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt, Intercontinental Hotels Group (Priority Club), Marriott Rewards, Radisson Gold Points Plus, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), Wyndham Rewards.

See here for complete terms and conditions:
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...slamterms.aspx
Old Aug 15, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
12 points as of August 12, but 0 bonus miles??? Anyone score a run yet?
Nada here......and I am expecting the full 40K to post. I have gone above and beyond to reach the 28 partner activities in the most cost efficient manner.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Nada here......and I am expecting the full 40K to post. I have gone above and beyond to reach the 28 partner activities in the most cost efficient manner.
You got 28 hits to post by August 12? I'm not surprised you could get 28 hits done by then, but I am surprised you could get 28 to post by then.

Here is an update of my previous list for those interested (bold type is an update since this post):

1. Dining for miles (posted) - only real cost is the 7 AA miles/dollar I lost since I'm not an elite member in the Dividend Miles Dining Program.

2. Sharebuilder (posted) - 2,500 mile bonus posted very quickly after my stock purchase. Could do this for just a few dollars, I actually did more than I needed to. Set up a Roth IRA for a few bucks and just watch it grow.

3. 2 Hilton stays (posted) - No incremental cost to me.

4. E-Rewards Mileage Transfer (posted) - Traded someone 1,000 Membership Rewards points for 500 miles.

5. Trackitback.com (posted) - $34.94 for their least expensive package, including shipping. 750 miles posted in a few days.

6. Bose (posted) - Purchased some cable for $10.76 including shipping, 20 miles posted a few days after shipment.

7. Reservation Rewards (posted) - Signed up for free trial, 500 bonus miles posted in a few days. Cancellation of this was easier than I expected, can do it online instantly.

8. Buy Miles (posted) - Purchased 1,000 miles for $50 (ouch). Posted instantly.

9. Microsoft Live Search Club (posted) - This posted as "Incentive Miles - Points.com" ... I'm not too comfortable with that, but it should count. Traded someone 1,000 Diners Club points for these 500 miles.

10. 2 Hilton stays (posted) - 2nd hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

11. 2 Hilton stays (posted) - 3rd hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

12. 2 Hertz rentals (posted) - 1st hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

13. Biscoff (posted) - $35.15 for the original Biscoff cookies ... wife likes these anyway. 286 miles posted on 31st for purchase on 1st.

14. FTD.com (posted) - $29.98 for birdhouse for wife, 400 miles received in about 2 weeks.

15. Giftsense.com (posted) - $28.98 for some teddy bear, 380 miles posted in about 2 weeks.

16. Office Max (completed but not posted) - Bought $3.00 ruler, total of $11.79 with shipping. Should receive 8 or so miles.

17. SuperShuttle (posted) - $20 (including driver tip) for trip from airport to downtown. 50 miles posted in about one week.

18. TD Ameritrade (posted) - Deposited $2,500, but negligble incremental cost though I have to leave money there for 9 months per terms & conditions. 5,000 miles posted in about 10 days.

19. Wine Insiders (completed but not posted) - $21.34 for two (what I'm sure are ...) cheap bottles of wine. Should receive 1,080 miles. Thought I would have one month to cancel before next shipment, but next shipment was sent on 1st of month!

20. SkyMall (completed but not posted) - $21.85 for pet hair brush $12 pet hair brush with shipping. Should receive 35 miles or so.

21. US Airways Mastercard (posted) - Signed up for card, used it, then called and had them move the statement closing date up to receive the 15,000 bonus miles faster.

22. Starwood Preferred Guest transfer (posted) - 3,000 miles posted in about 5 days.

23. DHL (completed but not posted) - No incremental cost to me, should receive 280 miles or so for the $140 purchase.

24. Netflix (posted) - 1,500 miles posted within a few days of free trial ending and being billed for first month.

25. Dividend Miles Wireliness (completed but not posted) - $14.98 for car charger I can use, should receive 50 miles or so for purchase.

26. 2 Hilton stays (completed but not posted) - 4th hit this way, no incremental cost to me.

I had 20 posted by August 12 and another one posted now. No bonus posted yet.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
If you have Div Miles being credited from e-Miles...

Logon to your e-Miles account once a week; offers often show up days before the e-mail telling you so. (I'm up to 420 miles, 50-60 of which I've clicked on since the promo started).
Old Aug 18, 2008, 4:37 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Beckles, how did you cancel Reservations Rewards online?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
Since I'm not a member anymore, I can't go and tell you exactly what to click on, but I believe you can click on FAQ maybe from the mainpage and then customer service. It's not super-easy to find, but I had no trouble locating it the first time, then the second time it took me a couple minutes to find it again when I actually cancelled.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 9:40 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
I want to add that it was very easy to cancel via email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.