Customer Satisfaction & Employee Satisfaction = Profitable Airline?

Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Customer Satisfaction & Employee Satisfaction = Profitable Airline?

This article is not strictly US Airways, so mods can feel free to move it. However, it was written by one of the co-chairs of FFOCUS, so I am posting it here.

http://www.howwasyourflight.com/edit...table-airline/
Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:32 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the secret to WN's success???
Old Jun 15, 2008, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
This article is not strictly US Airways, so mods can feel free to move it. However, it was written by one of the co-chairs of FFOCUS, so I am posting it here.

http://www.howwasyourflight.com/edit...table-airline/
A couple of years ago Wegman's supermarkets were named the best company to work for by Fortune magazine. When asked for his business philosophy the head of the company said exactly the same thing. It's management's job to keep employees happy and all else flows from that. And the stores are packed every time I go. This philosophy applies to all businesses. And the industries that forget it- like airlines and the auto industry- suffer.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DrMaturin
A couple of years ago Wegman's supermarkets were named the best company to work for by Fortune magazine. When asked for his business philosophy the head of the company said exactly the same thing. It's management's job to keep employees happy and all else flows from that. And the stores are packed every time I go. This philosophy applies to all businesses. And the industries that forget it- like airlines and the auto industry- suffer.

Just like Costco. They employees are very well-treated, and seem to have a lot of loyalty to the company. I know it makes my shopping experience a lot nicer knowing I am not going to run into too many, if any, disgruntled miserable staffers.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by DrMaturin
I remember that issue. Wegmans is a phenomenal supermarket chain. I shop there when I go to AVP to visit my parents. I wish they had them in LA. (But we've got Trader Joe's.)
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
I remember that issue. Wegmans is a phenomenal supermarket chain. I shop there when I go to AVP to visit my parents. I wish they had them in LA. (But we've got Trader Joe's.)
My wife and I say to each other that if we ever move from Upstate NY the thing we'll miss the most is Wegmans. They have the most customer loyalty of any business I know of. And they don't do it because they have the lowest prices either. It's because they have the most pleasant shopping experience. A lesson the airlines could learn. This race to the bottom nonsense will have no winners.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
For sure US does NOT put employees first. As a result it is very hard to find anyone who cares. It's just a lousy job you show up to then go home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.