Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: How much longer until they close clubs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Confirmation, please? ...
The RDU Club # is 919-840-4680 Perhaps you or someone else could call and confirm? Two saying Yes is better than One
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:02 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Consumer demand/protest?

Interesting - I had previously called the Corp office # to appeal the closings, got my case #, etc. (see other threads). As a last ditch yesterday, tried to e-mail the top of the chain club managers, (Constance et al) - all emails were returned as non-deliverable. Maybe they got the message and got sick of the complaints.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
RDU Club...Saved!

I did not notice anyone else posting this official notice yet. I woke up this morning and found this message in my inbox. If I have overlooked a previous post, I apologize.

I wonder if any of our North Carolina Politicians who use RDU as their gateway to DC put some pressure on US to reverse this decision. I cannot imagine US Airways reversing this decision base wholly on customer input.

I called the club this morning and gave my congrats to the staff. I bet for the short term, the RDU US Airways Club will be the most accommodating club to their members in the entire Club system. The staff seemed amazed they were spared. If you’d like to call them and tell them how happy you are that this club will remain open, the phone number (thanks SkyTeam777) is 919-840-4680.

Dear Club member,
We're keeping the US Airways Club in Raleigh-Durham open

You talked, we listened
We've heard from many of you since our recent Raleigh-Durham Club closure announcement; and we've decided to keep the Club open. Your overwhelming responses made it clear that a Club location in Raleigh-Durham is important. We value your loyalty and opinion; and we want you to be satisfied with your Club membership.

If you've requested a refund as a result of the previous Raleigh-Durham Club closure announcement, and now wish to retain your membership, please contact a US Airways Club representative at 800-828-8522.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you in the Club soon.

Sincerely,

Fernand Fernandez
Director, Marketing Programs
Old Jul 24, 2008, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This is GREAT NEWS! Im shocked this happened, finally a bit of happiness from Tempe! I fly primarily from GSO and often see our local congressmen and US Senator Burr in there. Maybe they had something to do with it too!

Will US be footing the bill for the completely new club in RDU's new terminal or will they stay in the old terminal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.