Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: How much longer until they close clubs?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Is the US Club the only airline lounge at GSO?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SS255
Is the US Club the only airline lounge at GSO?
Yes. I think they used to have a CRC at one time.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Yes. I think they used to have a CRC at one time.
DL was considering adding a CRC, but they never did. Eastern used to have an Ionosphere Club, which became a Continental President's Club when CO had a hub at GSO. Now, nothing but the US Airways Club. I think the airport should open an airport-run operation in the DL/NW/CO terminal as that terminal is sorely lacking a facility for premium pax/club members. People would appreciate it!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I think that airlines and pax alike would greatly benefit from shared lounge facilities at smaller airports which only have one terminal.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
I think that airlines and pax alike would greatly benefit from shared lounge facilities at smaller airports which only have one terminal.
I agree with this except for the fact that one of the biggest benefits to lounge access is access to the agents when irrops occurs. Its saved me many time, and I advise relatives to buy day passes rather than wait in crazy special services lines when they have a flight delay. With a shared lounge you may lose this benefit which would make it much less useful.

Sean
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
HQ response to letter protesting BWI club closure

Here's the non a propos response I got:

Thank you for caring enough to take the time to write regarding your
concern with the changes we are now finding necessary to make. I know
you understand the tremendous impact the fuel costs are having not only
on businesses but in our personal lives as well. Airlines are finding
it necessary to consider many avenues of revenue that previously were
not considered.
I sent a reply pondering how getting rid of a paid service is an
avenue of revenue ...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:14 am

Programs: US Chairman
United is also closing clubs. They plan to close ATL, DFW, BWI, and MSP by October 10th. I use the ATL and MSP ones regularly.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:18 am

Pit

I can't believe this could be a possible closure, but what do folks feel about the future of PIT?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by PHLflying
I can't believe this could be a possible closure, but what do folks feel about the future of PIT?
US has not shown any confidence in PIT. It would not surprise me if they closed the club there.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
US has not shown any confidence in PIT. It would not surprise me if they closed the club there.
That would be a shame b/c there's vanishingly little to choose US above other carriers but I did like having the club. That said, I have no plans to renew my club membership after it runs out in Oct. I'll miss Wallace (the bartender).

If anyone else had a club at PIT it would make my decision regarding where to jump to easier but I don't see that on the horizon either.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
RDU Club stays open

Bowing to consumer demand, the RDU Club will stay open, after all. This I was just told by a Club rep.

Apparently, Tempe is learning to listen to its best customers ^
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by kudzu
Bowing to consumer demand, the RDU Club will stay open, after all. This I was just told by a Club rep.

Kudzu:
I sure hope so but sorry I can't trust them.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
If US is still around a year from now, it would not surprise me in the slightest if the only clubs remaining are in PHL, CLT & PHX. It would be in line with combining "the worst of both programs": HP only had clubs in their hub airports prior to the merger.
With no charge for alcohol in the Hub Clubs. The US buyout debacle screwed over paying Hub Club members by changing the rules in the middle of the year with zero compensation. That was one of the first tastes of the worst from the East that caused me to leave US.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:34 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by KevAZ
With no charge for alcohol in the Hub Clubs. The US buyout debacle screwed over paying Hub Club members by changing the rules in the middle of the year with zero compensation. That was one of the first tastes of the worst from the East that caused me to leave US.
You know KEV, cut the EAST CRAP!! You live in ARIZONA, RIGHT!! Ever heard of TEMPE, DOUG PARKER?? What do they have in common? Yes, former AWA! Nobody told the sandflees to downgrade. They are running the show. Man, I am so glad you are gone!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kudzu

Confirmation, please? This would be great news; but hope it doesnt come at the expense of another club taking the chopping block instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.