Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Just thought I would add another data point....

I booked a companion pass reservation last week right on the 14 day mark. The agent said I must send in the cert for the reservation to be ticketed. I asked if that would be a problem since the reservation must be ticketed today (last Thursday) to meet the fare requirements and certificate requirements (14 day advance purchase). The agent then confessed it was already ticketed but my credit card would not be charged until I send the certificate in (That's not exactly a lot of motivation to send the cert in ) Anyways, the card was charged and the charges posted today and I still have the cert.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
I have used this certificate the last couple of years for summer travel. This year booked BOS to LAS about a week ago. I have a confirmation # that shows the flights, seats etc. but clearly it has not been ticketed. It had always instantly been ticketed before. I have sent the stupid certificate to Winston-Salem but no response, charge or ticket (it's been at least a week now).

Luckily the trip isn't for about 7 weeks so I will call next week to see what's going on. Did I mention they charged me a $50 fee to book the two tickets over the phone even though I had no other choice and they said they couldn't use a gift card in the transaction because it wasn't being billed that day.

If it wasn't for the pleasant flight attendants I frequently encounter and the great club staff.......
Old Jul 11, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Dan6681
... I have a confirmation # that shows the flights, seats etc. but clearly it has not been ticketed. It had always instantly been ticketed before. I have sent the stupid certificate to Winston-Salem but no response, charge or ticket (it's been at least a week now)....
Happened to me too. After waiting 2 weeks (which I figured was enough time for the Postal Service ), I emailed to inquire...next day, a reply to apologize and to say it was charged and ticketed.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
Happened to me too. After waiting 2 weeks (which I figured was enough time for the Postal Service ), I emailed to inquire...next day, a reply to apologize and to say it was charged and ticketed.
Thanks I will email them now and post what happens.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I just realized I haven't seen hide nor hair of my packet in a long time--does it get sent just after the card renewal date? Who has the CS phone number I can call to check? (and should I be contacting US or BofA if it has gone missing?) If you prefer not to post the phone number, please PM me!

Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TribeFlyer
....does it get sent just after the card renewal date? Who has the CS phone number I can call to check? (and should I be contacting US or BofA if it has gone missing?)...
The packet is sent separately a few weeks after renewal date. It really looks like "junk mail", and some have discarded it without looking

It's a BofA CS issue, phone # is on the back of your card. It's hit or miss...some FTers have reported promises of cert replacements, others were not so lucky.

It's been rumored that the BofA agreement with US regarding the Visa Sig would end April, 2009, and only the Juniper/Barclay MC would be left offering the Companion Certs and the 10k Preferred Miles for 25k spending.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 8:31 am

Thanks I will email them now and post what happens.
Ticket issued today only after email was sent on Friday. I wonder how many people show up to the Airport not realizing their reservation was not ticketed?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:05 am

Ticket issued today only after email was sent on Friday.....
Like most things in life, it pays to follow-up, check and double-check

It's certainly less stressful flying US as a Preferred these days...in spite of all the changes, they appear to still respond to emails in a timely manner ^

Best wishes.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gleff
Both of my uses of these certs (including last month) yielded immediate ticketing. They insisted I had to send the cert in, but I doubt it mattered at least in the case of already ticketed reservations.
Similar thing happened to me. Immediate ticketing, agent didn't ask for the certificate. I took it with me to the airport in case they wanted it at checkin. Needn't have bothered.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:28 pm

Re-issue of BoA Companion Certs.

The first point of call for getting Companion Certificates should be a pleasant rep at Bank of America. It is the credit card company that issues the cert. I also couldnt find my cert, nor could I remember receiving it, so the rep. was kind enough to authorize a re-issue of the cert. It wil take about 14 days. Also note that she said she would not have been able to re-issue the cert if it was more than 6 months after the initial time when the cert was to be sent out.

USAirways have a process that require/request the certs to be sent to HQ for validation within 3 days of booking the ticket. Otherwise you are subject to cancellation (you could take a chance, but I understand they are getting strict about it, so assume they mean it these days).

I also called US Airways and observed that the the system wide black out dates for BoA certs are slightly more extensive than the regular dividend mile black out dates, e.g Oct 10 and Oct 19 are systemwide black out dates for BoA certs (Columbus week/college mid term etc) whereas that is not a Dividend Mile black out date.

No one was willing to give me the crown jewel - ie the valid Star Code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.