Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Pretty sure the term "Steward" was stopped being used in practice like 20 years ago...
Hope the OP got the number of the "air hostess", then.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:39 pm
GAC
Suspended

Pretty sure the term "Steward" was stopped being used in practice like 20 years ago...
Yeah. I'm waiting for them to officially change the title to safety officer.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Chairman's, Star Alliance Gold, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Hope the OP got the number of the "air hostess", then.
unfortunately, I did not.. I should have!!
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
Thats crazy! I have noticed that some of the flight attendants are very interesting in talking if you engage them. Like anyone who travels a bunch, i'm sure they get a little lonely
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Stu71584
Thats crazy! I have noticed that some of the flight attendants are very interesting in talking if you engage them. Like anyone who travels a bunch, i'm sure they get a little lonely
Only if you're cute!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I can't believe I'm going to post this, because I'm the biggest advocate of not complaining about this stuff, but here goes...

Whats the deal with FA's offering any member of the airline industry a large bottle of water as soon as they step into the plane? Deadheads, Non-Revs, Pilots, off-duty FAs, ramp personnel, etc.

When I ask for a bottle of water, I'm told, "no i'm sorry, I can only give you this glass".

I get its a courtesy, but...
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I can't believe I'm going to post this, because I'm the biggest advocate of not complaining about this stuff, but here goes...

Whats the deal with FA's offering any member of the airline industry a large bottle of water as soon as they step into the plane? Deadheads, Non-Revs, Pilots, off-duty FAs, ramp personnel, etc.

When I ask for a bottle of water, I'm told, "no i'm sorry, I can only give you this glass".

I get its a courtesy, but...
I'm going to let one of the crew members answer your question, but I've got one for you. Do you get perks at your job ?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
I'm going to let one of the crew members answer your question, but I've got one for you. Do you get perks at your job ?
Hey, if this is an official policy, i'm all for it. Thats a perk.

If its something employees do for each other, that is not official policy, then I dont consider it a perk.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: US Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
This may not be the best place to ask this question but here goes. I heard on the news that a flight from DC had an incident with 4 ME men causing a ruckus. The pilots union considered it a dry run. I couldn't find a thread about this. Does anyone have more information? (Mod - if there is a better place to post this question let me know. Thanks)
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by Flying Gator
This may not be the best place to ask this question but here goes. I heard on the news that a flight from DC had an incident with 4 ME men causing a ruckus. The pilots union considered it a dry run. I couldn't find a thread about this. Does anyone have more information? (Mod - if there is a better place to post this question let me know. Thanks)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...light-mco.html
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by Flying Gator
There's a thread in the TSS forum. I haven't read much of the replys as I'm not real happy with most of the comments.

BKAFRICK, fair enough . I'm honestly not sure so hopefully a crew member will chime in. I've just never meet any crew members that treat me that well.

Last edited by coachrowsey; Oct 12, 2013 at 2:48 pm Reason: Add last paragraph.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: None
I've just never meet any crew members that treat me that well.
Thanks, coach...

Jim
Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:52 am

It's simply poor management to allow employees to openly engage in practices that are bound to infuriate a significant number customers. Suppose the DMV had a special line for state employees, or gave them a pass on eye or driving exam?

Professional courtesy is best practiced discretely.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: US Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
"Professional courtesy is best practiced discretely."

Also Triple PQM promotions for some but not others.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Pet peeve

I understand the "turn off electrical device" is one of the biggest challenges FAs have.

However, I think they bring it on themselves. The FAA (and US Air per a letter I received) policy is that they must be turned off "once the door is shut"

Why do FAs provoke passengers by requesting it before hand. The last flight, even be gore the GA brought the manifest on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.