Wiki Posts
Search

Air Midwest (US Express) To End All Operations By/Before June 30

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Air Midwest (US Express) To End All Operations By/Before June 30

Just a friendly head's up to those of you with US Airways express flights operated by Air Midwest (Mesa subsidiary):

Air Midwest's East Coast operations, including service to cities in Georgia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, will shut down May 23.

West Coast operations in Arizona, California, Nevada and New Mexico will follow suit on May 31.

Central U.S. cities in Arkansas, Missouri and Nebraska are expected to halt service June 30.
More information and full article can be found at http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...LINE000842.htm.

I've got at least four flights coming up and haven't been contacted about any of them. In fact I reconfirmed two itineraries with the airlines today and was not warned - I'm guessing they're contacting customers based on earliest affected flights first.

Since most (all?) of the cities served by Air Midwest were served under the EAS program, it may be difficult to arrange for alternate air transportation - I would be very interested to hear from anyone who had a flight booked as to what alternative accomodations (if any) were made on your behalf.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by vysean
Just a friendly head's up to those of you with US Airways express flights operated by Air Midwest (Mesa subsidiary):

More information and full article can be found at http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...LINE000842.htm.

I've got at least four flights coming up and haven't been contacted about any of them. In fact I reconfirmed two itineraries with the airlines today and was not warned - I'm guessing they're contacting customers based on earliest affected flights first.

Since most (all?) of the cities served by Air Midwest were served under the EAS program, it may be difficult to arrange for alternate air transportation - I would be very interested to hear from anyone who had a flight booked as to what alternative accomodations (if any) were made on your behalf.
maybe Franklin, PA can get a Bus-thruway connection to PIT... should be doable in less than 2 hours. New Castle, PA has a 2 buck bus service to Pittsburgh, so how about tranferring this money to ground transit...
Old May 15, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I've always said they should ditch some of the air services to podunk, PA. I realize the EAS program is what it is, but some of these places just need to not bother.......
Old May 15, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Going to miss the beech 1900. She was a fun bird to fly on. My favorite plane to hear ground proximity alerts on .
Old May 15, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
My most exciting (not in a good way) flights have been on that aircraft type. I've never been afraid to get in one, but it can get tossed around a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.