Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to meet one's ride in PHX?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 11:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Best place to meet one's ride in PHX?

The best place that I can think of is in front of Terminal 2.

How about in Terminal 4? I don't know the place well and neither does the driver.

Is there a British Airways or Aeromexico sign by the roadway in front of the ticket counter? BA's ticket counter is likely to be in one place, unlike US.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:55 am

I think it depends. I live in the east valley. I tell all the people I pickup to go to the North Curb. I enter on the east side drive past the south curb and then go around to the north curb. There are no signs for the airlines on this level. Departures are on a level above baggage claim.

Last edited by PhxITGeek; May 12, 2008 at 11:56 am Reason: Can't Type
Old May 12, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Traffic is westbound on the south curb and eastbound on the north curb - so pick the right curb to meet depending on your final destination.

But baggage claim on the lower/ground level has no signs. For simplicity and sometimes less traffic, you could definitely choose the British Airways sign at the ticketing level. I've done this.
Old May 12, 2008, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Terminal 2 would probably be a good place to meet, if you're flying in on an airline that flies into T2 (such as United, Alaska, Continental). If not, you'd have to take a shuttle over there.

When I've met people at T4, I wait in the park-n-go/cell phone lot, or whatever they call it. It is a lot just east of T4 geared for people waiting to pick someone up. It has a board with arrival info. As others have said, if you are headed to downtown PHX or most points west, you'll probably want to meet on the south side, otherwise meet on the north side. There are numbered doors, even on the south, odd on the north.

The in-terminal parking at T4 used to be free for the first 30 minutes, but I think they did away with that. If the party picking you up does park, I think it will be $1 or $2 for ~30 min, and they can meet you either just outside security (either A or B), or down near baggage claim.
Old May 12, 2008, 3:13 pm

Parking is $1/20 minutes. I usually just do this rather than trying to find them on the curb. I wait in the cell phone lot for a few minutes if I'm there too early, to keep it under 20 minutes.

They don't charge you if you're in the lot less than 5 minutes. This can be handy if the drop-off is congested -- just go into the garage and drop them off by the elevators.
Old May 12, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I echo the above, just have the driver pull into the parking garage located ON TOP of Terminal 4. Then they just take the elevator down, meet in front of some random store on the arrivals level, elevator back up, and away you go. Its simple and if anyone is running behind, more convenient and comfortable than waiting on a curb in Arizona.
Old May 14, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Have him wait in the cell phone lot. And call him up and tell him where you are and he can pick you up when you are ready. The cell lot is just a minute away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.