Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sometimes, things go according to plan.

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Sometimes, things go according to plan.

Went from PHX to LAS this weekend to visit friends. Left Friday afternoon, didn't get upgraded (Silver Preferred) but did have my exit window seat. Everything was on time and the F/A's were good, even on this short flight.

On Sunday, was scheduled to scoot from Vegas at 9:20 PM, but wanted to get home earlier. Got to the airport about 10:45 AM and the agent at the counter tried to get me on standby for the 11:30 AM (just made the check-in cutoff). Unfortunately, it didn't work out, so I went to the Service Center to see what could be done. All the earlier flights were full, except the 7:55 PM. She confirmed me on the 7:55 PM, including an upgrade to 2D (without me having to ask), and put me on the standby list for the 12:45 PM.

I was able to get on the 12:45 PM. The seat was not in F, but it was inside the aircraft (always good) and it was worth it for me to get home earlier.

I've been reading FlyerTalk for a while, and there's lots of postings where the feedback is less than postive. Many times, it's valid...sometimes it's not (gotta be realistic). Most of my experiences have been as-expected...no better, no worse than the other carriers I've flown. I always find a smile and pleasant disposition helps to get me the best service, even when things go awry. But sometimes, like today, things go according to plan and you get good service...I think those days are worth mentioning.
Old May 4, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm now sitting at the SAS Lounge at ORD, waiting to board my Lo flight to WAW. I will summarize my experience thus far by saying "I will never complain about US again!"
Old May 5, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Mykle
...I always find a smile and pleasant disposition helps to get me the best service, even when things go awry. But sometimes, like today, things go according to plan and you get good service...I think those days are worth mentioning.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Mykle

Yes, it's worth mentioning both the good days, and not-so-good. As frequent flyers, we learn everyday, and definitely have to encourage good service
Old May 5, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: US-P,MR-Plat,HH-G,HY-G,National-EE,CO-G
I thought I'd make my 1st post positive as well. I've had about 45 segments this year, been upgraded roughly 40 times, received good to very good service, have been on time more often than not, and have been very pleased with US.

Had a plane hit by lightning in Dallas, US had me on a direct home to Tampa in short order a few weeks back, couldn't have been any easier given the circumstances.

My flights haven't all been perfect but overall, I'll continue to fly US this year for the bulk of my travels.
Old May 5, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by kudzu
Yes, it's worth mentioning both the good days, and not-so-good. As frequent flyers, we learn everyday, and definitely have to encourage good service
I agree. My experience in 2008 and esp. in April and May was better then 2007. I live in a major hub so most of my flights are direct. Major delays recently were either due to weather or due to ATC delays (mostly NYC area).
Old May 5, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by jbh64
...I've had about 45 segments this year, been upgraded roughly 40 times, received good to very good service, have been on time more often than not, and have been very pleased with US....
Welcome to FlyerTalk, jbh64

Please continue to share your flying experiences with us...a satisfied US customer is a refreshing breeze around here
Old May 5, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by kudzu
Welcome to FlyerTalk, jbh64

Please continue to share your flying experiences with us...a satisfied US customer is a refreshing breeze around here
What kudzu said. For the "new" posters welcome to FT.
Old May 6, 2008, 6:06 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I have and am experiencing an upswing in the operations. It seems like employees are feeling better for the most part. I also think the new uniforms pull us together a bit and to be honest, I feel better with a new look.

It really is good to hear some positives. I know negatives can be constructive, but so can good news of positive experience.
Old May 6, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by SS255
I'm now sitting at the SAS Lounge at ORD, waiting to board my Lo flight to WAW. I will summarize my experience thus far by saying "I will never complain about US again!"
No more "Rants about US"
Old May 6, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite 35; United Gold (maybe Platinum?)
It's too bad that we tend to remember the worst things and forget the good. Sometimes the worst is just too much, other times it's over-reaction (same goes for the great - it can be over the top great or just an over-reaction to something good.)

On a day in, day out basis, there are thousands and thousands of US employees who do their damndest to get us safely to our destinations - and for that I'm grateful. 99% of them do it with grace, dignity and a good attitude - that's no different than any other workplace.

So thumbs up to those who try hard to deliver! Now, here's to hoping my flight from SFO-LAS on May 7 and back on May 12 proves me right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.