Search

US Airways lounge in IAH?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
US Airways lounge in IAH?

Hi folks

Does US airways have a lounge in Houston Intercon airport?

thanks a lot
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:56 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
No, not really.

The only *A lounge at IAH is the LH one all the way over in D.

There's a CO PC in A but I believe it's on the opposite side of the terminal that US uses.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:00 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I don't think there's any lounge in the half of terminal A where US is. But there's a McDonald's!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
There are 5 Continental President`s Clubs at Houston (IAH)..you have to be a PC member/Amex Plat/SkyTeam Elite Plus flying on same airline same day to access it..@:-)
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:23 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
There are 5 Continental President`s Clubs at Houston (IAH)..you have to be a PC member/Amex Plat/SkyTeam Elite Plus flying on same airline same day to access it..@:-)
Yes - and none of them are behind security with US's gates.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

thank you all for the answers. I am *gold, so guess I will check into MacDonald's:-)
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Back in Dec I was told that there would be a Starbucks opening in the US/UA wing of Terminal A to replace the coffee stand that closed...in a couple of weeks. Well evidently it was taking longer than that. I'll see tomorrow morning if it actually opened...taking a couple of months. So perhaps that will be an option.

Update: As of 3/1 no Starbucks....didn't have time to ask this morning if it was still in the plans as I was rushing off to get on an earlier flight. Not looking too good though....in Dec they say a couple of weeks and almost 3 months later..nothing.

Last edited by Renard; Mar 2, 2008 at 2:09 am
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
Why would you ever want to fly to IAH on other then CO metal? they are by far the best airline.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EddieG
Why would you ever want to fly to IAH on other then CO metal? they are by far the best airline.
Well, actually I am Canadian, usually flying Air Canada and its Star partners. I do not have Skyteam's top tier membership.

Wish Delta-Northworst merger goes through, and then United-Continental join forces, which leaves US Airways has to beg AA. I do not really like US Air at al.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by lespoir
Well, actually I am Canadian, usually flying Air Canada and its Star partners. I do not have Skyteam's top tier membership.
There's a CO PC across from AirCanada's gates in A.

It's not *G, but it is a lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Renard
Back in Dec I was told that there would be a Starbucks opening in the US/UA wing of Terminal A to replace the coffee stand that closed...in a couple of weeks. Well evidently it was taking longer than that. I'll see tomorrow morning if it actually opened...taking a couple of months. So perhaps that will be an option.

Update: As of 3/1 no Starbucks....didn't have time to ask this morning if it was still in the plans as I was rushing off to get on an earlier flight. Not looking too good though....in Dec they say a couple of weeks and almost 3 months later..nothing.
The starbucks finally opened....this is the closest one will get to a lounge in this part of IAH--unless one wants to sit in Chili's
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:06 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by lespoir

Wish Delta-Northworst merger goes through, and then United-Continental join forces, which leaves US Airways has to beg AA. I do not really like US Air at al.
wow, you called that alright who are you, Nostradamus?

anyways, ahs there been any updates to an US Air lounge in Terminal A @ IAH? or what can we use here while flying US?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Per https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...sLocations.jsp there are no lounges at IAH.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
When I was there a couple of weeks ago it looked like a club was being built / renovated right past security on the right (as you walk to the AA gates, opposite direction of the food court).

No signage at all up but def. some type of club being built in the space that sits adjacent to the Skyline Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.