Wiki Posts
Search

Flight to Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Flight to Copenhagen

I am traveling to Copenhagen next summer and have decided to go on US Air since I can use my miles to upgrade. However, as you all know US doesn't go to Copenhagen. Where would be the best (easiest) place to fly into to then transfer to another airline (maybe SAS) to fly on to Copenhagen? I know US goes to both Stockholm and Amsterdam. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by mfanderso
I am traveling to Copenhagen next summer and have decided to go on US Air since I can use my miles to upgrade. However, as you all know US doesn't go to Copenhagen. Where would be the best (easiest) place to fly into to then transfer to another airline (maybe SAS) to fly on to Copenhagen? I know US goes to both Stockholm and Amsterdam. Any thoughts?
Try Frankfurt or Munich to connect with LH. Frankfurt would probably be better with US since it's usually served with an A330, whereas Munich is typically a 767.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
To use miles, you'll have to buy a fare over $1200 and use 30K miles each way for the US portion of the upgrade. Why not use 80K RT for a C class seat on LH or SAS?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'd avoid US to Stockholm, regardless of how you pay for it. The run-down 767's they use are not worth it if you are connecting. US on an A330 to FRA or better yet, LH, would be my choice.

Last edited by PittDoc; Sep 21, 2007 at 12:46 pm Reason: (I meant 767's)
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
To use miles, you'll have to buy a fare over $1200 and use 30K miles each way for the US portion of the upgrade. Why not use 80K RT for a C class seat on LH or SAS?
Totally agree. You can do a search on Star Alliance to come up with all the possible routings. SAS has a direct flight from IAD for example.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: None
Use LH

I would recommend LH Business Class if you have 80,000 US or *A miles. Just did PHL-FRA-HEL in LH Business Class with US miles and it was wonderful. Service, food, entertainment, seats in the Airbus to FRA.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Thanks to everyone. After MANY calls, they were able to find a flight through Frankfurt which had seats available for upgrade with miles. I now have my reservation in Envoy.

Last edited by mfanderso; Sep 25, 2007 at 6:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.