Wiki Posts
Search

Current number of US elites?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Current number of US elites?

I know many airlines regard their number of elites as a secret, but just wondered if anyone had any current information for US.

From the CO forum, an insider gave these numbers which may be comparable to the US ones:

* Silver Elite: 250K
* Gold Elite: 110K
* Platinum Elite: 60K
Old Aug 8, 2007, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Possibly more in each category, in particular considering all the freebies they handed out this year. Then again, it is not unlikely that this was done to shore up the numbers after a massive elites defection to greener pastures late last year.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Interestingly enough, someone just posted alledged Delta #s yesterday:

Platinums: 22,000 members
Gold: 77,000
Silver: 420,000
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:37 am

Programs: Dividend Miles (Chairman), Marriott (Platinum), HHonors (Diamond)
Originally Posted by GaryZ
I know many airlines regard their number of elites as a secret, but just wondered if anyone had any current information for US.

From the CO forum, an insider gave these numbers which may be comparable to the US ones:

* Silver Elite: 250K
* Gold Elite: 110K
* Platinum Elite: 60K
Gosh..... based on the fact that 9/10 of the passengers get in line when the call for Seating Area 1 I had just assumed that EVERYBODY was elite.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:47 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
US Envoy TR - 8-Aug 2007 PVD-BCN via PHLthy

Folks, I have some pics I'll post later, but I wanted to get some info out....

Operationally, perfect....everything on time, bags made the connection, the whole works. Peachy.

As far as the "value," disgusting. I've frequently said to people, "if you pay for US F-Class, you'll want to take a swing at someone when you get off the airplane for feeling ripped off.

Same for Envoy....X 12 for me. Paid just shy of $2,600 for my ticket and my wife's....$3,300 for the CA people. And I TOTALLY understand why I hear stories about F/A professionals explaining to Sand Castle "wanna be managers & leaders" why they're embarrassed.

-- The airplane was just GROSS, FILTHY. I took this one pic that's amazing...one person in my group, pulled his IFE video monitor out and it looked like someone rubbed mud all over it. Took a pic.

-- My wife's IFE didn't work, at all. So, she almost had to sit on my lap...and we had a splitter so she could listen. I'll write the company, but I don't need vouchers, I'm done with these people.

-- The flooring at my seat (3A 3B) was coming apart, took a pic of that.

-- The seats were worn and BEAT looking

-- Food was sub par....the wine was the same wine as domestic F-Class. Now, I happen to like the Chenin Blanc....but, c'mon, this is supposed to be a step up.

-- Flight attendant "apologized" before pushing back about lavs in the middle part of the airplane not working.

-- My seat was broken, foot rest didn't work, VERY uncomfortable seat.

-- When the movie flight attendant came on to apologize to people in coach that the main video screen did not work.

-- One person in my party, Amy, who is a 2 million miler with UA and extremely well traveled asked, when we got to our hotel, "what was that? That service was just awful, Southwest would have been better." Apparently, (we were on the A side of the airplane) on the F & G side, NO ONE got a choice of meals....it was fish or nothing, brken seats, filth and grime.

Just awful. I'll not ever "purchase" Envoy again. They'd have to give it to me after it's "fixed" before I'd be interested in flying it again.

CO's domestic F-Class service from ORD to IAH is WAY better then Envoy.

There were two things right:

1.) The Envoy Lounge in PHLthy is very, very nice. Like, it's the nicest part of the airline. The entire airline. I doubt Parker and Kirby had anything to do with that lounge, 'cause it's absolutely gorgeous. Given time, I'm sure they'll find a way to destroy it as well.

2.) The F/A's worked hard and did the best with what they had. I gave the guy that took care of us, Alfred, got an A&B from me.

And this company wants to go to China? Fine, let 'em go....I'd never FLY US to China.....come to think of it, I don't really have any desire to fly them from PVD-PHL.

They got me from "point A to point B," but it wasn't worth the money, not even close. And it was just stupid and ridiculous.

This carrier...can't get out of it's own way. No wonder I hear CONSTANTLY how embarrassed the F/As are with the "new" Envoy service and the absolute horriffic conditions of these aircraft.

I had some good flights recently...that I paid $89 for....but when you pop for the kind of money we did, you have MUCH higher expectations then this.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 5:37 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VanTheMan63
Folks, I have some pics I'll post later, but I wanted to get some info out....
Did you perhaps mean to post this in another thread? I'm not quite sure what it has to do with this thread's topic (current number of US elites) unless you're trying to explain in a roundabout fashion that whatever the number is, it's now -1 because of your recent experience...
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:57 pm

Location: USAir Chairman's Pref, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, etc...The Beach, NC USA
Originally Posted by vysean
Did you perhaps mean to post this in another thread? I'm not quite sure what it has to do with this thread's topic (current number of US elites) unless you're trying to explain in a roundabout fashion that whatever the number is, it's now -1 because of your recent experience...
I think his point is whatever the number posted -1, 2 if you include the Mrs.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: US CP; Marriott Silver; SPG Gold; PC Platinum
Originally Posted by pghpaisan
Gosh..... based on the fact that 9/10 of the passengers get in line when the call for Seating Area 1 I had just assumed that EVERYBODY was elite.
Have you ever looked at any of their boarding passes? Always seems to be Group 5+. I must say USAir has gotten a lot better recently about turning away people boarding before they are supposed to.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:02 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles (Chairman), Marriott (Platinum), HHonors (Diamond)
Originally Posted by tombyron
Have you ever looked at any of their boarding passes? Always seems to be Group 5+. I must say USAir has gotten a lot better recently about turning away people boarding before they are supposed to.
Yeah, I do try to peek at boarding passes when the chance presents itself. And I agree that it does seem to tend toward the MUCH lower groups. I have to say though, that I've not seen any evidence whatsoever (at least at PIT, LAX & LAS) that the gate agents are turning anybody away.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tombyron
Yes, I always find it amazing how people forget how to count to 5 when boarding announcements are called!!! It's kind of hard to determine the drop-off in elites from the gate rush.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.