Need help using unflown value

Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Gold
Need help using unflown value

Greetings,

A couple of months ago I bought a ticket through usairways.com that I wound up having to cancel. The confirmation page said the following:

"Your reservation has been cancelled. The $XXX.XX value of the ticket may be applied to future travel booked through usairways.com or by calling 1-800-428-4322. Future travel must be completed by XX/XX/2007. A change fee may apply. The value of this ticket may not be applied toward change fee."

I'd like to buy a new ticket online but can't figure out how to actually USE the credit. I tried contacting the web support folks via email and their answers have been less than helpful. I'm beginning to think that despite the above message, there's no way to book a ticket online using anything other than a credit card and have to call the 800 number.

Any pointers?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:56 am

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
I'm not sure how you'd do that on the website and not sure why you'd even want to. I'd recommend booking your new flight it over the phone. I've done that many times with good results.

Expect to pay a $100 change fee plus any fare difference. So yes, you will need a credit card.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I don't know if the changeover to the new system impacts your situation (i.e. if you bought the ticket prior to the changeover, the system may not be able to do it), but this is generally very easy -- one of the better features of the site. I just did it yesterday, in fact.

You just call up the reservation by the confirmation code. Then, you click on "Change Reservation," which is one of the options in the list on the upper right-hand portion of the page. You enter your new reservation details, choose your flights and when you get to the payment page, it has applied the value to your new ticket for you.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I just did it yesterday, in fact.
You changed a ticket or you used the value of a cancelled ticket?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frink
You changed a ticket or you used the value of a cancelled ticket?
I used the value of a ticket I had previously cancelled. I was still able to call it up and effectively "change" it, even though the original travel date had passed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.